Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Free The Tone pedal this time! :rofl:

After the thread with the DM replacement suggestions, I had quite the few options, and there were a few strong contenders. However I ended up with something unexpected:

Malekko Ekko 616 MKII Analog Delay

I had this and the Moog Minifooger delay side by side in the shop. Both sounded great but I chose the Malekko because, 1 it was a lot smaller (not Mooer size but it's my smallest in my collection) and 2 there were more options. Usually I'd use the analog delay for either self oscillation or a really conservative warm short repeats. This can do that but it adds a cool modulation effect on the delay itself so I can get some real disgusting sounds out of this little red box. The best feature is the T/B switch, it can be a true bypass or a buffer when I plug a ton of pedals on (which I do), and I can set it instantly as I please.

I also ended up grabbing one of these:

Providence ADC3 Anadime Chorus

Now I've been using a Boss CE5 for what seems like an eternity and it hasn't let me down, save for the occasional loose jack and beer stains thanks to excessive gigging. But with my pedal streak and the now double ups on other effects like drives, delays, reverbs and assorted flavors, I'd thought another chorus wouldn't hurt. Took the plunge, and the tone is pretty damn good. It's warmer than what I'm used too, but that's certainly a good thing, and each not sounds pristine in any setting. Funny how the Providence switches all look like bottle openers, so I guess this will suffer the beer stain treatment too. :lol:

That's all folks.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Cheers gents. :drew:

Wow, i just checked out the demo of the Malekko box, and that sounds wicked!
Wirelessly posted

Gonns have to look it up.
Malekko are a name I've literally never heard of until I bought this delay. With an awesome quality at a reasonable price, they're defintely a company I'll be paying more attention to.

Funny enough, the Ekko also comes in 2 other versions:

Ekko 616 Dark.

lofi Ekko 616 MKII.

Inferno, I :wub: your pedal obsession.
:wub: Though hillariously enough, despite my growing collection of exotic boutique pedals, the heart of my rig is still an Ibanez into a Peavey. :lol:

Congrats man! I would love to come jam one day :lol:
That would be awesome indeed. Though I would also suspect that there'd be more footsie antics than actual guitar playing. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.