Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VFE had a baby sale start this last week (his wife is just about due). So I was able to pick up this other version of the Ice Scream that I didn't have. Now this is hands down the best overdrive pedal I've ever used. It is incredible for boosting. The pink one is a higher gain version, and I haven't decided which I like better, but holy shit, they're both excellent. Super transparent, tons of tone shaping with the 3 extra mini pots its got.

They're a tad bit on the high side price wise new; $200 I think, but in my opinion totally worth it. There is even a dip switch on the inside to swap between 3 types of clipping.

I can understand the graphics being a turn off, but if you ever get a chance to plug into one of these, give it a try. Makes my V25 scream.

All 3 of my VFE pedals. They are supposed to be sparkly, but I can't take pictures for crap. I like his graphics, especially the Vomit Hound. :lol:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Awesome, I really want to try some of the VFE pedals. I am lusting for a Pale Horse a while now already.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The graphics are cool; isn't one of the goals of a pedalboard to be as colorful as possible?
I want VFE's slow gear clone.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The graphics are cool; isn't one of the goals of a pedalboard to be as colorful as possible?
Heck yeah. I hate all the really plain pedals. Like the hardwires. Everyone on TGP has raging boners for them, and they just look like crap. I don't care how good they sound, if I have to look at something that looks like Jane Austen wrote a steampunk novel, I don't want to use it.

I want VFE's slow gear clone.
Forgive my ignorance, but is that the Mini Mu?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts