Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Awesome dude, you still got it.

You were one of the first guys on YouTube that I watched back in the day.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
i have a full set of ionizers in my rg8. love em.... so great.
nice vid man

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you like the ionizers compared to the illuminators?
Both are great pickups. The Ionizer Bridge and the Illuminator Bridge sound very different to me. The Ionizer is like an Evo7 but with more body and less harsh. However it keeps the focus in the upper mids. The Illuminator bridge is darker, more focused in the lower mids. Both have a lot of definition and are very articulate. The Ionizer Bridge seems more compressed and you get more "punch" with it. If I had to choose one of them I'd choose the Ionizer. I really love its tone and the presence you get in the mix.

The neck versions are not as different as the bridge versions. The Illuminator neck has more mids and less output but the tone is pretty similar. However the Ionizer Neck reminds me to the PAF sound in some aspects, it's hard to explain. In this case, I'd choose the Ionizer Neck too.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that! I absolutely adore the Evo7 so the ionizer sounds like it's be right up my alley. :metal:
Yeah, the Evo7 is an amazing pickup. I'll use the Evo7 for some guitars and the Ionizers for the others :metal:

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
to me the ionizer neck has some characteristics of a single coil in some way. i generally dont love neck hum buckers, and prefer a single there, so this pickup for me was the way to go.

the bridge just kills it too. i like how the mids are really there, and don't get squashed under all the low. chords sound full and even, with every strings voice singing....

its about time these pickups get some recognition... and if i were a better player i would have the balls to make a video lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
to me the ionizer neck has some characteristics of a single coil in some way. i generally dont love neck hum buckers, and prefer a single there, so this pickup for me was the way to go.

the bridge just kills it too. i like how the mids are really there, and don't get squashed under all the low. chords sound full and even, with every strings voice singing....

its about time these pickups get some recognition...
Totally agree :metal:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts