Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Obviously one is a Suhr Aldrich and the other is an Anderson HN3+.
I marked the thread with "sort of" because I'm putting these in the Holdsworth guitars for the other guitarist in my band. So far, I'm really liking the Aldrich. Really reminds me of the Duncan Alt8 that I had previously installed in these guitars only with a bit more highs and low-mids.
Haven't gotten around to the Anderson pup yet. Figured I'd take a little break.

And I guess I did get new(to me) pickups. A few days ago I swapped out some pickups on a couple other of his guitars and I got the left overs. A BKP Warpig and Holy Diver. Slapped the Warpig in my Carvin V220. So far I'm digging it. Got some nice output. Could use a bit more low-end, though.
And I put the Holy Diver in my Warmoth Roudnessth Star in place of the Evolution I had in there. I don't know... So far I can't really tell the difference. But I'll probably just keep the Holy Diver in there because I don't really feel like tearing the guitar apart again. :lol:

Btw... sorry about the huge pic. It's off my phone and I didn't feel like editing it down. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I approve.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of hoping he doesn't like the Aldrich because then it'll end up in my collection. :lol:
Starting to get a nice pile of these custom pickups sitting around. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind of hoping he doesn't like the Aldrich because then it'll end up in my collection. :lol:
Strike this. Now I'm hoping he doesn't like the Anderson. The thing sounds like I have a boost going in front of my amp. :lol:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
nice!

im curious to hear more of your thoughts on the HN3+.

i have one in my Anderson Pro Am 7 and absolutely love it. one of my favorite bridge pickups to date (and i've gone through my share :lol:).

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So that's where the Holdsworths in my guitar came from :lol:
And I think I have about 5 more of those lying around. :lol:

nice!

im curious to hear more of your thoughts on the HN3+.

i have one in my Anderson Pro Am 7 and absolutely love it. one of my favorite bridge pickups to date (and i've gone through my share :lol:).
After our next practice I'll see about giving a more detailed report. So far I really like it. As for the output, I guess there's a reason they call it the "flame thrower". :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts