Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rig day / new guitar day

Finally got my AxeFxII! They only had the XL's in stock at the time I received my invite, and I had the extra scratch at the time so I went for it!
How does it sound? I don't know :rofl: ... No power amp, or any way to play it at the moment... But uh... It looks really nice! :lol:
USPS is dragging on my power amp, which I got a Matrix GT1000 2u in a trade, which should've been here today. Two day shipping from Grand Rapids to Chicago(3~hr drive) it was shipped out Tuesday morning. Awful. Not sure why I even got my hopes up. :mad: Never again, USPS.

Anyways. I'll post a sound clip ASAP, it'll probably be some noodly soloy sloppy shit, or some core shit, or some tech-death. All of you know what an AxeFx sounds like, and my first clip probably won't be very well representable of it's potential :lol:

I also scored this sucker for $42, a Fender F-35 MIJ from '72-'81, if I'm informed correctly. It's the loudest acoustic I've ever played, it does need some TLC, though, well worth it. I have more fenders than Ibanez's/Jackson's! Ain't that some shit. I've been using Andy McKee, and DADF#AE tuning and having a ton of fun with that. They really make you think before you plant your left hand, and allow for some really pretty chords/melodies.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! And Jeff if I haven't blown them by now I'm not sure it's even possible :lol:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Lucky!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Impressive rack you've mounted it to :agreed:

Man you are going to love the AFXII. That's a beautiful S-series you have sitting next to it too.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Impressive rack you've mounted it to :agreed:

Man you are going to love the AFXII. That's a beautiful S-series you have sitting next to it too.
:lol: this morning I removed the handle on the top of the cab and it sits flat on the top now.
Thanks! Your S is insanely nice as well!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Mucho congrats on this one! You are gonna have fun with all those sounds :yesway: Great score all around.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Congrats man! What midi controller you thinking of getting?
Either the Tech 21 Midi Mouse or an older, used MFC. All I want is channel/patch switching. Cheap awesome options are much appreciated :lol:

Anyone have any suggestions for awesome patches to try? I get off work in 6 hours and my Matrix just made it to my house.
Thanks guiiiise :wub: I can't wait to get off work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts