Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, this stuff is crazy sick with possibilities.. Right now I'm playing though audiobus with Bias, Megellan(synth app), & GarageBand. GarageBand seems to be the trick for volume with low noise. Megellan is just incredible, good thing I stopped dropping acid:rofl:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far JamUp ProXT has been a real disappoint, but Bias & AmpKit+ are pretty impressive. Two great amps in AmpKit+ are the Fargen Old 800 & the Meteor for brootalz. Magellan is just phenomenal for effects & Hella tweakable:yesway:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What sux about jamup ProXT is that you have to use their dist pedal in addition to your own, in order for it to have balz, so every amp ends up sounding like all dist pedal/ no amp. AmpKit+ is by far the best sounding/quietest amp app I've tried so far & there are some real stinkers out there. Bias is a very close second, but is just a little noisier, but you get hella amps to chose from, including...wait for it...yes, the Randall Satan!:scream2:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
What sux about jamup ProXT is that you have to use their dist pedal in addition to your own, in order for it to have balz, so every amp ends up sounding like all dist pedal/ no amp. AmpKit+ is by far the best sounding/quietest amp app I've tried so far & there are some real stinkers out there. Bias is a very close second, but is just a little noisier, but you get hella amps to chose from, including...wait for it...yes, the Randall Satan!:scream2:
I don't have any problems getting good tones from Jamup. I don't use pedals either. Weird.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Ola Satan on Bias is fucking killer! I swapped out the 6l6's for el34's, changed to SS recto, changed the mike to an sm57, post eq'd it mid/high heavy, cranked everything in the pre except the bass & presence, this shit is so much fun:scream2:
Oh and I'm hitting the front with a Marshall Jackhammer:flex:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.