Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NSD: Red Queen

Tags
nsd queen red
946 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Cancer 
#1 ·
This is from my band Machines of Living Death, it's our Song of the Month for February. We are currently mixing this and are looking for ideas on how to improve it, hopefully what we learn here can be applied to our other tracks, so let me know what you think.

#7 ·
If you dont mind, what other bands do you listen to in this vein? I'd love to find more.

I'd also suggest a copy of izotope ozone 4. you can really polish off your guitars, drums, bass, and whole mix with it. great program
My drummer has isotope, and I'm thinking (assuming we master it ourselves) we'll probably be using that heavily eventually. These are still works in progress and parts of it (re:guitars) could very well be re-recorded depending on my whim, and the feedback we receive.

As far as bands, there was an industrial metal thread either here or on metalguitarist recently that had the bands I've been listening too lately (like Scar Symmetry, Sybreed, etc.) I couldn't find the link but it's fairly recent. I'd say we're a bit dirtier than those bands, but I'd kill for their production chops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.