Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took advantage of a 15% Black Friday sale and picked up this Taylor. :yesway:

Sitka spruce top, rosewood sides and an ebony board. It's super resonant and sounds awesome. i haven't bothered with the electronics because I'll just mic it, but it's always nice to have. I also have to mention that it has (per the marketing) "Italian acrylic Small Diamond inlays", which makes them better than regular non-Italian non-capitalized Small Diamond inlays.

Perfect for playing holy wars. :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Up till this point I actually was entirely unaware the Italians were known for their mastery of acrylics.

Italian acrylics are only one level of luxury lower than Artisinal Swedish Plexiglass.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Up till this point I actually was entirely unaware the Italians were known for their mastery of acrylics.

Italian acrylics are only one level of luxury lower than Artisinal Swedish Plexiglass.
I included that detail in my post specifically because I knew you'd appreciate it.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Nice score!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
My friend hated going to the GC with me because I would sit and play a bunch of Taylors for a hour, sweet guitar :yesway:

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Great score dude... Every guitar player needs a decent steel-string in the arsenal!

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Neat, although I'm kinda being distracted by that monkey grip RG in the background

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Neat, although I'm kinda being distracted by that monkey grip RG in the background
That's my automotive paint (mopar brazen orange) RG550/JEM mutt that Sherman refinished. Neck from a proper 89 MIJ 550 and an alder JEM body. Pickups are D-Sonic / Air Norton. It's a really sweet guitar and sounds awesome.

It has plenty of dings/dents/chips in it these days, it made the rounds at all the MG-fests and got dropped a few times. Chicks dig scars anyway. :lol:

Attachments

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Gorgeous guitar, good luck with her :) The back is gorgeous, and I bet it smells amazing as well

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Sick! Looking forward to many DotN covers!

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
Haha! You're old.

I have a Resonator, so I am even older, but I am not the topic of conversation here. :lol:

Nice score!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Haha! You're old.

I have a Resonator, so I am even older, but I am not the topic of conversation here. :lol:

Nice score!
It's cool. I WANT a resonator. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Congrats, Chris, though that's a rather enigmatic abbreviation. At first I thought "New Tuner Day? No, that's not a guitar. New Telecaster Day? Yeah, that's a guitar someone my grandpa's age might play." But then I saw the Taylor and remembered that Skisgaar referred to all acoustics as "Grandpa guitars" and it made sense. :lol:

(I sold my last acoustic about 2 years ago. Need to get a new one sometime...)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts