Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

I've been looking at getting a Torpedo for quite some time and wanted a VB101 but they were so damned expensive ($2500 here) so when Kosta popped his up on here, I had to grab it. Now I can track demos and work on preproduction at 3 in the morning without annoying the girls and not have to fuck around with micking and such for hashing out ideas.

Big chunky box

Safely wrapped with the manual

And here it is in its temporary spot (new desk is being built to accommodate the new computer coming and the fact I'm getting more outboard gear than first planned)

Expect some videos involving this thing in the coming months.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Since I'll be using this for studio only, havin SPDIF and wordclock in makes a huge difference for me. Then I can keep it in sync and run a digital loop and use it as a hardware plugin instead of using WOS for some saved processor speed.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yup. That's gonna see some more use by using the in built power amp simulation. Gonna do a type I negative cover or two and that's the key to that God awful tone. :lol:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
That wouldn't be a massive help to me, since my main use would be live shows. It would be bitching to have multi-effects and a load box/IR loader in the same unit.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The effects are only EQ, exciter and compressor. However the dual IR loading and variphi is awesome.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Ah I was under the impression that they had more effects than that. The dual IR loading sounds cool, too, but I use their BlendIR for the same purpose anyway. Perhaps I'll just keep what I have.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

For live use the live is the better option. Quicker recall of presets and just as good sounding.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
I would sell it Shawn it's not a very good piece of equipment. So many be if your stuck and nobody wants it I'll take it off your hands. :smoking:

Oh fuck and grats V6 on the unit.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Haha it's all good. I post enough new gear day threads that they're bound to get derailed quickly. :lol: thankfully I only post about 1 in 5 of what I get.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Nice one! I bagged a studio a month or two back and love it, it is awesome, and has completely made me happy with guitar tones again, just glorious in feel and sound, congratulations!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice, I'd love a studio but this will do me just nicely considering what I paid for it. One day I might upgrade to the studio or its successor but this thing still kicks ass.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Nice one :yesway:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts