Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure Boots will like this.

2014 Yamaha YZ250F and 2012 new old stock Suzuki Quadsport 400LTZ. The bike was built yesterday.

The quad is for the woman. She is crazier than me.

Pretty happy with this bike so far. I'm going to give it a pretty good workout next week.

I was thinking about calling this jaxadam's bike build thread, but this fucker is pretty fast out of the box. I'm sure I'll tinker with it here and there, so this will be slow to update.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
That Yamaha should be pretty damn quick. Beast of a bike dude. Just put some aftermarket skins on it and maybe a pipe.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That Yamaha should be pretty damn quick. Beast of a bike dude. Just put some aftermarket skins on it and maybe a pipe.
No doubt! I think the girl already had hers picked out before I even got them home.

What do you guys think about this one?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
No doubt! I think the girl already had hers picked out before I even got them home.

What do you guys think about this one?

Perfect! :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Don't get me wrong, I love me some two stokes, but my bumblebee days are over.
Four strokes have come a loooong way last 8-10 years. I actually prefer them now. You get good performance with the reliability of a four stroke......can't beat it. I'm too old to be tearing down a two stroke every off season :lol:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Four strokes have come a loooong way last 8-10 years. I actually prefer them now. You get good performance with the reliability of a four stroke......can't beat it. I'm too old to be tearing down a two stroke every off season :lol:
And there easy to start now to. When the yammy 400 and 426 came out they where bitches to start fuck me. Looking at your YZ makes me want a bike again but a can't put my self though that much pain anymore.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Nice! Are those for the parks, trails, or mud?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Don't get me wrong, I love me some two stokes, but my bumblebee days are over.
Oh, I thought the 250 was a two stroke.

Never mind. :lol:

I've been out of bikes too long to know what's what anymore.

My wife actually wants a quad someday, and if she gets one, I'll get a Yammy 250 as well. The 400's are awesome, but they're fucking huge.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 400's are awesome, but they're fucking huge.
You'd be surprised. This unit is not nearly as big as you'd think.

Just to put the 2 stroke thing into perspective, Honda quit making 2 strokes about 4 years ago. I think they're all concentrating on the 250 4t bikes now.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
You'd be surprised. This unit is not nearly as big as you'd think.

Just to put the 2 stroke thing into perspective, Honda quit making 2 strokes about 4 years ago. I think they're all concentrating on the 250 4t bikes now.
:lol: no shit?! Yeah, it's been too long since
I've been into bikes. I really miss them.

I just remember the last time I looked at dirt bikes, the yamaha 400 looked huge and intimidating, with a really high seat height. I'm relatively short, so it may have been rough. My YZF-R6 was like 31 or 32" I believe, but that was a street bike.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Donuts ftw! :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Donuts ftw! :lol:
I did it to them both! Whew, what a hell of a day it's been!

This is actually a pretty cool feature, the recessed and covered gas tank.

And right above it under the white plastic is where the air filter is now, so a couple of bolts and it pops right off to change out, so that's pretty nice, too.

They actually did a lot of major modifications, like new engine position and angle, header coming out of the back and wrapping around, etc. The list goes on and on, so I won't bore you guys, but if something unique pops up, I'll throw it out there.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts