Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Gave it a quick 15 minute spin, and holy shit do you sweat your ass off when you don't have a headwind. :lol: Thing is pretty ace though, feels realistic as hell going through the gears and doesn't make much noise at all.
Right? :lol: Still, it'll make a big difference having your legs ready to go when spring hits.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Just remember that if you voluntarily ride a road bike for more than 15 minutes at a time, you're contractually obligated to shave your legs. Time spent on a trainer does count toward your totals, so keep that in mind.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right? :lol: Still, it'll make a big difference having your legs ready to go when spring hits.
That's the plan. :yesway: I'll do an actual workout on it later tonight/tomorrow, but hopefully a combo of this + running when weather permits over the winter should lead to a much faster season for me next year. I did the half-century already this season, and would love to open up next season with a full within the first month or so.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I looked at trainers a few years ago but didn't buy one yet. The guy in one of the bike shops said they really wear out your tires. Anybody else hear that before?

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I looked at trainers a few years ago but didn't buy one yet. The guy in one of the bike shops said they really wear out your tires. Anybody else hear that before?
It's true that trainers do wear out your tires faster. On the flip side, that should have been the point that he told you about these (or similar products): Continental Bicycle -*Hometrainer

They're treadless tires in a hard rubber compound that are designed specifically for use in trainers. Since you're only spinning the rear wheel, you only need one tire, and they last for quite a while.

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
It's that time of year. Good on you for continuing to ride!

If you don't already, put a block under the front tire so that your wheels are at the same elevation. Otherwise, you are putting a bit more weight on your hands/arms/crotch front and that will become more uncomfortable the longer you ride.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
See, previously I was thinking "hell yeah, next season I'll go down and check out the trails around Quigs' place once I can ride again."

Now, though, fuck that. The snow's not even on the ground and you're already hitting big trainer sessions with a goddamn flywheel. You'll be a beast next Spring, and I'll still be struggling to remember what pedals are. I can get humiliated on a trail closer to home, thank you very much. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/)

:lol: definitely come down man! Much like my music gear, just because I buy all this fancy shit doesn't mean that I'm good at it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts