Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up over the weekend:

A Peterson Strobe Tuner 420. Old, but in great working shape and recently serviced by the fine folks at Peterson.

I've owned the iStrobe app and have used the handheld digital Strobe tuners before, but mechanical nature of this makes it a different beast altogether. Does what a tuner's supposed to do (read: works), it's kinda fun to use and looks sexy on my work bench. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Flicking the switch and hearing the whirring on one of those brings back many school band room memories.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That would look great alongside a couple of old big-box EHX Big Muffs, Small Clones, and Small Stones, as well as a Peavey Mark IV :yesway:

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Flicking the switch and hearing the whirring on one of those brings back many school band room memories.
:agreed:

I used to love using these in marching band and stuff, they're so cool. And man, are they accurate.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
That is awesome Randy. I'd like to borrow that for about a week and get all my guitars in PERFECT order please. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
So badass. The model name is also hilarious. I assume this comes from a time before companies knew naming something with that numeric designation was just asking for trouble.

Is the tuning accuracy blazing fast? The aesthetics on that thing smoke modern tuners.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Nice score. It's shame what this thing is going to do to your sanity when you use it to try and intonate with it.

JESUS H CHRIST! I'M A 1/64TH OF A CENT SHARP!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

Life tip: don't use it with Floyds if you have OCD.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
it's the first time I see something like that...sooo,that's how they used to be? :eek:
Yep. People who wanted to REALLY know if they were in tune used one of these things, the rest used tuning forks, pitch pipes, the closest piano, or tuned by ear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts