Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put Tungsol EL34Bs in my pittbull CL, replacing some very slightly tired TAD STR 34Bs (which are now in my JVM, sounding much better than the JJs that were there, stupid harsh, bitty, grainy JJs)

Dear. God. The tone goes on for fucking miles!

That will be all, as you were.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
New tubes will always sound better than old tubes. They tend to degrade slowly, so your tone slips, and you get used to the sound from shot tubes. At least, that's my experience. :lol:

I've also ordered some new tubes for my TriAxis, and can't wait for them to come in :metal:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah note they are tubes not valves you silly nincompoof.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was kidding midgito

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
:lol: @ Methlab. I love the fact that you re-valve RIGHT after we release SSIR's song! RE-RECORD NAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :scream:

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could reamp it I suppose. Perhaps.

Frankly I expected to be disapointed. Easier that way if nothing else. I've changed valves many times and been everywhere from very happy to utterly pissed off with the change. I am most decidedly happy with this change, huge steps in the direction I wanted it to take.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've changed valves many times and been everywhere from very happy to utterly pissed off with the change. I am most decidedly happy with this change, huge steps in the direction I wanted it to take.
Oh, well that's awesome then! :yesway:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I could reamp it I suppose. Perhaps.

Frankly I expected to be disapointed. Easier that way if nothing else. I've changed valves many times and been everywhere from very happy to utterly pissed off with the change. I am most decidedly happy with this change, huge steps in the direction I wanted it to take.
next time spend the extra for some =C= then get pissed off when you have to use something else.

But im glad all this swapping and whatnot turned out good.

now all you need is clips!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts