Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a heavy-ass sideways box appeared. :spock: Okay, UPS.

Peanuts, of course:

The box erupts:

What's this now?

Oh shit!

And more shit!

The wreckage:

I'm gonna need a bigger desk....

Fuck the desk, let's do this:

Sucktacular pic story, I know. Anyway, swapped my Strictly 7 for this 2008 VHT Pitbull Ultralead. :flex: An amp I've always wanted but never thought I'd own. (Wanted to buy Beard's a while back but was short on cash). Instantly fell in love with it. This thing roars like Godzilla. Missing the nameplate and a cover for the handle, but neither of those parts are playable so I can let that ride.

I've been pretty happy with my GSP 1101 into the TS100, but goddamn, this amp just smokes what I previously thought was my decent tone. Currently in 4CM with the GSP and every preset just comes to life using the Pitbull in place of the preamp modeling. Mr. Fryette knows his shit.

Really need to get a 4x12 to do this thing justice. Also wish the previous owner of my 2x12 hadn't swapped out the P50Es for V30s as apparently those speakers are tits with the VHT/Fryette heads. Still, it sounds massive - super-clear, very defined, almost completely noise-less, tight beyond tight and chunky as fuck.

Only had a couple of hours to play around so far, but it's just flooring me with ungodly tone. :scream: Love it.

Okay, back to playing Helmet riffs now. :metal: Thanks for checking this out.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Blankplank said:
Nice! I actually tracked the first song for my band with a Pittbull into an Uberkab. Thing sounds GODLY.
Those cabs sound AMAZING.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Those cabs sound AMAZING.
Honestly, if I could have a 4x12 (didn't have to carry one up and down 2 flights of stairs 4 times a week), I'd probably buy one. When they're £1k, and a Zilla is £400 though, it's the closest I'm ever gonna get :lol:

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I love looking at VHT/Fryette gear. As a bonus, it doesn't generally sound too shabby, either.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shit man, I didn't realize how fucking wide VHT's heads were. That thing looks huge!
30" wide, and the box weighed 48 lbs. :flex: I think the Blackstar mini-rig makes the VHT look that much bigger. Actually I think I could fit the HT-5 head inside the VHT, with room to spare. :D

I'm seriously in love with this head, I still can't believe I actually own an Ultralead, after years of thinking "fuck it'd be sweet to have an Ultralead." :wub:

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Kickass.

I love my CL (of which anton speaks). Easily and by far my favourite amp. Devastating through my uberkab.

Not tried a UL. Would love to.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Is it weird that I was hoping this was "New Van Halen Tickets Day"? Anywho...

Sick!! You're a lucky man, that's a nice setup to say the least.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Nice amp! Really cool look to it, although I've never really heard any VHT amps before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts