Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I bought a Budda BudWah from my favourite local shop.

I used a PRS Custom 24 SE and PRS Singlecut SE (I will be buying another) into a 6505+ (lead, everything at 5 save volume) to try out a bunch of wahs, it was a fun few hours for me!

First up I tried the RMC Teese Wah (blue) and the Vox V845. I felt they were pretty similar, but the RMC was the nicer of the two. I then added a V847 and the BudWah to the mix. Later on I'd find out one of my cables wasn't working properly and that the BudWah did in fact have as much bite as the other wahs. I also tried the Vox Big Bad Wah Satch sig, which was a pretty cool wah. It came down to the Satch and the Budda. I got my employee friend Chris to come over and do a blind test with me, and when I did "the classic rock bend of awesome" (14b16 on G, 15 on B) with the Budda his face lit up.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
The guys at Matt's Music are pretty chill. Too bad they don't really DO anything though. Sounds pretty good tho. If I wasn't fundamentally opposed to wahs, I might try one out. Lemme know if you're down for jams sometime. I've got an HT-5 I can bring out to your jam spot or w/e.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm free on weekends :).

I wanted it just to spice stuff up live and whatnot. I don't want to go all Kirk McWah Hamster with it :lol:.

Uploading the lead vid now :yesway:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wah pedals are awesome :yesway:

As I stated on FB, that thing sounds great.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Zepp! I'm waiting for Youtube to finish processing then I'll post the high gain demo :yesway:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts