Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The RMCs are just fantastic wahs. I have had the Wizard for 5-6 years now and I love it. I may have to check out the RMC-6 soon :)
I bought the one in the display case, which was the last one Matt had. I'll have to remember to bring it with me the next time I'm over, so we can do some A/B'ing. He didn't have a Wizard in stock.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I bought the one in the display case, which was the last one Matt had. I'll have to remember to bring it with me the next time I'm over, so we can do some A/B'ing. He didn't have a Wizard in stock.
I'm going to Action tonight... I guess I won't be trying the 6 after all!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Never tried the 6, but I did like the others I tried in the past. I've been using the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe for years now (older white one, not that newer black model). Sounds great for what I like, but I'm a huge Schenker fan and tend to use my wah on leads in that vein, so I like it pretty much for the reason Dave described above. I'll have to check out the 6 sometime.
Yeah, Mike needs to try that one for the exact same reason. It was really cool at what it did, but ultimately it was not quite what I was looking for. The midrange was just fierce, though.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm going to Action tonight... I guess I won't be trying the 6 after all!
Check out the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe if you've never played one. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Yeah, Mike needs to try that one for the exact same reason. It was really cool at what it did, but ultimately it was not quite what I was looking for. The midrange was just fierce, though.
Why on earth would I want to change wahs? ;)

Although having another around never hurts!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
1. Holy shit after he dialed the red one in. I'm sold.
That was my impression. It sounds like total shit, then you fiddle with it and WTF AGILE.

2. I wore those same boots back in the late 80's early 90's.
:lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I like the sweep of the crybaby over the RMC in the first vid just because it's more pronounced, but that vid w/ the driven LP was just sexy as all get out.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Sweet. Not seen the red ones but I sold the blues at Guitar Guitar. Nice wahs, but i'm no expert (I've never used, nor intend to use, a wah pedal).

The Ibanez Wanking Shitbox WD7 has all that treadle resistance adjusting pish on it, btw.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The Ibanez Wanking Shitbox WD7 has all that treadle resistance adjusting pish on it, btw.
It also sounds like ass.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

noodles said:
It also sounds like ass.
If you tinker with the trimpots inside you can get a pretty solid sound out of it actually. Shame they didn't put them as outside knobs, or it would be a decent wah. Still outdoable for the price, easy, but a lot more decent than as is. Shame, since I love the physical feel of it

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
seems like a fun wah :yesway:.

hell, i've been using the same Crybaby (GCB95) for 15 years now :lol:. i had Joe Bodenhamer do his ovChaos thing to it a few years ago and it really came to life for me.

i do get the urge to pick up a different wah from time to time to mess around with, but i honestly don't use wah enough in my playing to really justify it.

·
Disposable Hero
266 Posts
Yeah, if Mike's into the Schenker thing and likes to use it as a filter on leads too, the Clyde Deluxe is definitely the one to try. I never use the Wicked setting, but the Jimi setting is sort of like a classic Vox wah type sound. Shaft is pretty much what Dave said, gives that wah more weight in the midsection than Oprah on a Twinkie binge...it's perfect for that type of stuff.

Also remember it has an internal trim pot inside so you can tweak it some more. It has a default setting, but there's a whole other world of sounds when you start adjusting it.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I played my first show with it Saturday night, and I am even more in love with it now. The thing is just flat-out inspiring to play through. The leads that have wah on it before wound up being a bit different, mainly because I just wound up wandering off somewhere else. Cool fucking pedal, and I don't really miss the instant on/off of the Bad Horsie as much as I thought I would.

I noticed Saturday that their was a trim pot on the main circuit board, that is not mentioned in the manual. I'll definitely be fucking with that tomorrow. :D

21 - 40 of 52 Posts