I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Oh, and I'm thinking of painting my MIDI controller the same color red. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My MIDI controller is already black. I'm not gonna paint the wah, it looks bitchin'.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
My MIDI controller is already black. I'm not gonna paint the wah, it looks bitchin'.
I just wanted to make a Stones joke. :(

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I just wanted to make a Stones joke. :(
Cut me some slack, it's Monday and I've only had two cups of coffee. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Your wah sound was definitely very good on Saturday. In fact, it was noticeably different than before, and I didn't know at that point that you'd gotten a new pedal. You might want to modify the curve just a little bit--I was noticing that occasionally your wah sounds reached the high end a little too fast and got brittle.

I've had a Fulltone Clyde for years (the regular one, without the knobs), but I haven't used it much. But then, my wah stuff is only occasional and is limited to wacka-wacka, Schenker-type filtering, or a *very* slow sweep. My one problem with the Fulltone is that the 'active' part of the sweep seems to occur in a very narrow part of the pedal's travel range. I think that's adjustable, but I've never investigated it. Frankly, I ought to just buy an expression pedal and use the wah modeling in the Axe-FX.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Your wah sound was definitely very good on Saturday. In fact, it was noticeably different than before, and I didn't know at that point that you'd gotten a new pedal. You might want to modify the curve just a little bit--I was noticing that occasionally your wah sounds reached the high end a little too fast and got brittle.

I've had a Fulltone Clyde for years (the regular one, without the knobs), but I haven't used it much. But then, my wah stuff is only occasional and is limited to wacka-wacka, Schenker-type filtering, or a *very* slow sweep. My one problem with the Fulltone is that the 'active' part of the sweep seems to occur in a very narrow part of the pedal's travel range. I think that's adjustable, but I've never investigated it. Frankly, I ought to just buy an expression pedal and use the wah modeling in the Axe-FX.
If you decide to unload the Clyde...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yeah, I'm still tweaking it to find exactly what I want. I feel like I got it 90% of the way there without thinking about it, and the next 10% is gonna take a month. :lol: I am also getting used to the response of it, since the sweep is not quite linear. There is this accelerated profile in the last 1/3 of the range, and I think it comes from how I have the low knob set. It boosts low frequencies, so I see where it seems to stop boosting, which makes the treble come roaring back in.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Holy shit, last week I dropped Teese an e-mal, asking what the trimmer pot does, and I just got a response from Geoffery Teese! I love small builders! :lol:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts