Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really digging the new wireless. My Carvin works great, never had an issue, but I need something with some extra range. We have some high profile gigs coming up opening for national top 40 acts and we tend to go out in the crowd and interact so I need more range.

I haven't had a chance to test it fully until next week for one of our biggest gigs but I have walked around my house and outside and it hasn't missed a beat.

The idea of a completely digital using 2.5 Ghz is new, but so far I am on board.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Congrats, it's a beast of a wireless. You may wanna upgrade the cable between the transmitter and the guitar, that's the only slight weakness with them.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Exactly what Lozek said. I've got the XD-V70 (pretty much the same deal in a 1/2 width rack case) and it's really great. The stock cables suck, but custom length cables with Neutik jacks are very reasonable on Ebay

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
The cable tone feature isn't on mine, but TBH I can't really notice the difference anyway

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
I keep wanting one of these, but can never quite justify it at the moment. Saying that, give it untill the end of the summer and I'll most likely have got myself one...

Oh, and I used the g50 on the last bit of gigging I did, as well as a previous european tour, and really really liked it, was impressed!

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I've never used the Cable Tone at all, I bought it to get as pristine a signal as possible so I don't see the point of degrading it. Plus, there is a Bandwidth sell-off in the UK which could affect some analogue wireless, so I thought I'd just avoid it altogether.

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never used the Cable Tone at all, I bought it to get as pristine a signal as possible so I don't see the point of degrading it. Plus, there is a Bandwidth sell-off in the UK which could affect some analogue wireless, so I thought I'd just avoid it altogether.
Thats the other reason I went with this one. The bass player in my band has a Sennheisser and the singer has a Sony and they have had issues with interference lately. I haven't with my Carvin, but going digital should eliminate that possibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts