Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this. heh... Chris might call it geeky, but as a) an outdoor/nature lover, and b) a geek :lol: I dig it. What can I say, I love gadgets.

Here it is! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=301&pf_rd_p=480051571&pf_rd_i=casio paw 1500, Pathfinder watch.

Some features -
  • Titanium band, scratch resistant face
  • Tough Solar (G-Shock and solar powered. Never need to buy a battery)
  • Atomic timekeeping. Super accurate time, never need to set
  • Digital compass (with rotating bezel for keeping bearings), barometer, thermometer, and altimeter
  • Tide graph and moon data (tells you what phase the moon is in)
  • Alarms, stopwatch, data storage, etc.
  • Full auto EL backlight, also manually turned on (switchable)
  • 200m water resistant

Also got a nifty titanium ring to go with it. Gotta match! :lol:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
:bowdown:

That is a badass watch!

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
badass watch bro, just add a hot chick locator and you're all set to go.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Isn't the atomic feature badass? I've got a Casio Wave Ceptor that I'll never part with. It keeps perfect time and even updates for daylight savings. And when I'm traveling I just tell it what time zone I'm in.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Geeky, but it fits you. :yesway: What's the band?

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Try noto play with the Bat-signal button too much, we all know what happened to the boy who cried wolf...

...Batman beat the shit out of him.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shanks everybody! :wavey:

Dan - :lol:

Drewbie - The band is all titanium. Really light, really strong. Corrosion resistant.

John - oh, yes. The atomic timekeeping rules! It sets itself every night, so I always know my time is uber accurate.

This watch is geeky, lol, but it's really designed for people who do a lot outdoors - hiking, camping, swimming, diving, hunting, etc. Great fit for me, yep.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know you want that watch, too.

Besides, it's metal as fuck. :hbang: Titanium, one of the strongest metals out there. Yeah!

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
You know you want that watch, too.

Besides, it's metal as fuck. :hbang: Titanium, one of the strongest metals out there. Yeah!
Bet I could smash it.

/Schoolyard bully :fawk:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Just got this. heh... Chris might call it geeky, but as a) an outdoor/nature lover, and b) a geek :lol: I dig it. What can I say, I love gadgets.

Here it is! Casio PAW1500-7V, Pathfinder watch.

Some features -
  • Titanium band, scratch resistant face
  • Tough Solar (G-Shock and solar powered. Never need to buy a battery)
  • Atomic timekeeping. Super accurate time, never need to set
  • Digital compass (with rotating bezel for keeping bearings), barometer, thermometer, and altimeter
  • Tide graph and moon data (tells you what phase the moon is in)
  • Alarms, stopwatch, data storage, etc.
  • Full auto EL backlight, also manually turned on (switchable)
  • 200m water resistant

Also got a nifty titanium ring to go with it. Gotta match! :lol:

:yesway:

I don't think that's geeky, I think it's all purpose. :yesway: I wear dress watches at work and when I'm out and about, but for hiking/snowboarding/anything outdoorsy, I have this guy that my bro grabbed me last Christmas. I love it. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
A does-nothing-but-keep-time $15 watch I bought the first week I lived in Cincinnati, during the first week of classes.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts

$10 Wal-Mart watch. It's been around longer than a $10 watch should and continues to do its job faithfully. Plus, the numbers are different colors. :D

Bonus image:

My old favorite watch. I don't wear it much anymore, because it has a cloth strap. With the last one of these I had, I ended up getting a nasty fungal infection on my arm, because I was stupid and didn't think that I should take the watch with the cloth strap off sometimes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts