Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Tis the season to snag myself some new golf schwag. Picked these up today, Taylor Made xFG SW/LW/GW. :yesway:

TaylorMade Golf - Wedges

Only downside is that I will now spend the next half an hour cleaning the fucking price tags off of them that every sporting goods store loves to put on the damn shaft. They're always the kind of stickers that come of in 20,000 microscopic pieces too. :mad:

Other than that though, I can't wait to go use 'em. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a heat gun, I just never think to peel the damn things off until I get to the course for the first time and realize that I look like a douche with price tags on his clubs. :lol:

I picked up the Rescue 3 variant of this guy last week:

TaylorMade Burner T Rescue with Graphite Shaft at Golfsmith.com

And so far (5 rounds) I am hitting the shit out of it. I'm getting 200+ consistently with it, so it's pretty much replaced my driver on anything but big, long par 5's. I'm much better from the 100-150 mark than I am from the 30-40 range, so I prefer to tee up with the R3 and have my second shot be a good 7-8 iron instead of driver->Gap wedge or D->PW. And for some reason, I hit my PW absolutely fantastic lately, except for the fact that it's going 150 fucking yards. :lol:

Been working so far - haven't clocked any stellar scores yet, but the guys I play with don't give a shit about score anyway. If we get out and just hit the ball well and have a few good shots amongst the bad ones, we're just happy to be outside. :D

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Been working so far - haven't clocked any stellar scores yet, but the guys I play with don't give a shit about score anyway. If we get out and just hit the ball well and have a few good shots amongst the bad ones, we're just happy to be outside. :D
:lol: Add in some Mulligans and you have my game down to a T. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yes, there's beer. :drew:

Beer, friendly squirrels that nudge the ball out of the woods, and copious amounts of golf cart abuse. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I have an old set of Titlists that I've played maybe 3 or 4 full rounds on.

:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts