Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
::: Just buys the Arcade version and puts an Intercooler on the back, just in case. Zero problems ::: :agreed:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How loud are those intercoolers? I consider getting one every time I see them, but my XB is on my desk about a foot from my head, and I figure it'd get annoying pretty quickly.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
They're relatively low RPM fans, so I wouldn't say they're THAT noisy. Although if it's that close to your head you'd definitely notice it.

:idea: Turn up the volume when playing games. You won't hear them at all.

Is there another way to check what chipset it has? I haven't swapped power supplies since I got rid of my original 360's and upgraded to the HDMI version. Was I supposed to swap out the power supply also? I think I'm still using the original one :scratch:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
what he said at 3:55 is so fucking true. I was sick of my Xbox dying and I was up against my 3 year warranty, so I did the search online and found out about the Jasper board and made sure to buy an Xbox with the right motherboard that only fails 5% of the time. At the time (last summer) the only one was the Xbox Arcade model, so I bought that and slapped my old hard drive on it.

This guy is so fucking right, I wish sony had better games 'cuz I'd be the first to drop the Xbox.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
also, he's totally right about MS customer service. I bought a bigger hard drive at a store last week, and i spent a motherfucking hour on the phone with MS customer service just trying to get a transfer cable. I had some really dumb chic on the line with a sharp and difficult to understand asian accent and she was fucking retarded. I just wanted a cable. It shouldn't take an hour.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I gave up on CS for the transfer cable after getting a used drive a few months back to go from 60 to 120. I lasted about 15 minutes and could hardly understand the person on the other end of the line.

Ended up doing it the hard way (hd - > memory card -> swap hds -> move -> swap hds -> repeat).

Now I just keep all of my data on the HD in case I get the RROD.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Is there another way to check what chipset it has? I haven't swapped power supplies since I got rid of my original 360's and upgraded to the HDMI version. Was I supposed to swap out the power supply also? I think I'm still using the original one :scratch:
There is, I think you can tell by checking your serial number. I know there's a way to tell by opening your box up, but that's not good for warranty reasons.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I gave up on CS for the transfer cable after getting a used drive a few months back to go from 60 to 120. I lasted about 15 minutes and could hardly understand the person on the other end of the line.

Ended up doing it the hard way (hd - > memory card -> swap hds -> move -> swap hds -> repeat).

Now I just keep all of my data on the HD in case I get the RROD.
yeah I have like a billion game saves, all the mass effect and grand theft auto expansion packs, etc. I've filled my 20 gig completely and just bought a 120 used for like $90. The transfer cables on ebay don't come with the disc and I want to make sure the shit's done right so I paid the $14 for the official transfer cable. Oh and it will take 3-4 weeks to get here. Fuckers.

Why can't they pay people $9 an hour in this country to take these calls? why china? why india? It's fucko customer service and the language barrier is pretty apparent. Also, their names... they pick american names to answer the phone with. I'm sorry, if you've got a THICK Indian accent, your name is not Jim or Paul or Buddy FFS!

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Also, their names... they pick american names to answer the phone with. I'm sorry, if you've got a THICK Indian accent, your name is not Jim or Paul or Buddy FFS!
I called Dell support once, and the guy said his name was Chandler.

I was pretty pissed off by that. :lol:

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Most people I know who own an X-Box 360 are at least on their third. Microsoft needs to fix this shit.

How loud are those intercoolers? I consider getting one every time I see them, but my XB is on my desk about a foot from my head, and I figure it'd get annoying pretty quickly.
I have one on my PS3. For the most part, it's pretty quiet. Over time, though, it has developed a weird habit of being extremely loud and obnoxious for a minute or so when it starts up. It's probably not a typical problem, and I might be able to fix it if I take it off and look at it. It's probably got some debris in there or something. Aside from that, though, it's not much louder than the internal fans.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Side rant: MS sucks for not letting us get the 250GB drives separately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts