Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, I saw Obscura just over a week ago and I'm now on a massive kick with their music.
They're mostly playing stuff from the new album (my fave) and when I saw them in London, they were simply phenomenal. I will now no longer listen to anyone shitting on Kummerer's ability to play the material. He was on FIRE. After seeing him pull off all the shreddy stuff whilst really bringing the band's stage presence to life, I found myself half inspired, half wanting to burn all of my guitars :lol:
Linus' bass playing was also awesome, but not new to me as I saw him playing with Alkaloid in March.
Anyone else catch them this year?
Here's a cool pic I took and my loot from the gig, btw

Autistic jabbering over :lol:

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
I saw them back around 08-09 touring with cannibal corpse and neuraxis when cosmogenesis was the current album. Pretty killer then and I think this latest album is a good step up from any of the previous material. Would love to go see them now.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Who ever shit on his ability to play the material? The dude is a monster! One of the cleanest and most fluid players I can think of. And he does it all while singing/growling/screaming. Very awesome.

This reminds me that I don't own their newest album. I'll need to pick it up soon.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw them back around 08-09 touring with cannibal corpse and neuraxis when cosmogenesis was the current album. Pretty killer then and I think this latest album is a good step up from any of the previous material. Would love to go see them now.
Yeah I prefer their new album to the rest of their work because it's so much heavier and the noodling is way more toned down. Still definitely tech though.
Who ever shit on his ability to play the material? The dude is a monster! One of the cleanest and most fluid players I can think of. And he does it all while singing/growling/screaming. Very awesome.

This reminds me that I don't own their newest album. I'll need to pick it up soon.
I've heard a few people say that he can't play it. Complete bollocks, it's probably just a rumour based on a video where something went wrong or something like that. Similarly to Dragonforce. One video where the monitors fucked up got them a massive hate bandwagon, even though both times I've seen them, they've been awesome.
Yes, definitely buy it. They really deserve the support.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I've heard a few people say that he can't play it. Complete bollocks, it's probably just a rumour based on a video where something went wrong or something like that. Similarly to Dragonforce. One video where the monitors fucked up got them a massive hate bandwagon, even though both times I've seen them, they've been awesome.
Yes, definitely buy it. They really deserve the support.
Ridiculous! I've seen them play live plenty of times and what has always blown me away is how flawless their performance is. They play exactly like the album with everything spot-on.

Just sounds like people wanting to bitch because their own guitar playing sucks. :nuts:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
With my old band we played two times with Obscura, 2009 and 2011 i think....that dude is ridculously good.

(That didn't save their super boring performance or song material though...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.