Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Listening to the vibrato, either the solo is recorded slow and then sped up to the track tempo, or he is a rediculous picker but horrible executer of vibrato. The vibrato is so fast, seems unnatural.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I was listening to this album earleir and I was thinking about posting this up. Kickass album, slays the first one which in itself was awesome.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Listening to the vibrato, either the solo is recorded slow and then sped up to the track tempo, or he is a rediculous picker but horrible executer of vibrato. The vibrato is so fast, seems unnatural.
Nothing terribly out of place by that vibrato. Sounds like he has the trem bar back, palm on the bar, and vibrating his hand.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
You mean the 2nd one? Retribution was the first one, not Cosmogenesis.
How do you know he didn't mean Retribution? :p

I'm with Mike on this, Omnivium is my favourite release of theirs so far.
I think the songs are more diverse than on the other two albums, which (although awesome) could blur into one long song from time to time.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
How do you know he didn't mean Retribution? :p

I'm with Mike on this, Omnivium is my favourite release of theirs so far.
I think the songs are more diverse than on the other two albums, which (although awesome) could blur into one long song from time to time.
:agreed: though Cosmogenesis is broken up by the awesomeness that is Incarnated.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Pretty damned good solo, though the tone is a little, well, not my thing.

Still, I'd love to be able to do that.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Very cool. :yesway: Nice style.

The vocals remind me of Dimmu Borgir most of the time (although they go into death metal and clean a few times).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts