Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a trem noob and I'm trying to decide what to order for my RG7 project. The price difference between the two certainly has me leaning towards the OFR. :lol:
Anybody care to chime in on the general pros and cons of having an OFR versus going with the LoPro?

Thanks in advance, old farts. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

OFR is fully case hardened, Edge is mild steel with inserts. Edge term bar retention system just sucks balls. OFR will brighten up your guitar, and can make something already bright a bit unbearable.

Hands down, OFR all the way. It's really the only trem system worth using.

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
dave's right. Floyd also makes the ofr pro in a seven string version, Darren has one loose iirc. pro basically retains a lower overall profile similar to the low pro edge, but with all the goodness of an OFR. :yesway:

edit: it's the gold one.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I prefer the feel of the lo pro, but not for like twice the price of the OFR.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solid info, duders. :yesway:

I prefer the feel of the lo pro, but not for like twice the price of the OFR.
This is the main selling point, so far. :lol:
Why do you prefer the Lo Pro?

P.s. I require flutter. Many flutters. Give me the flutter.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yeah, I swapped a LoPro that was falling to pieces for an OFR, and have zero regrets. That said, both of the arm retainers suck compared to Gotoh's, but they don't do a seven. :(

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome. Drew, are the stud diameters similar, or will I have to do some drilling to fit the OFR studs?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
They're threaded differently - I ended up just leaving the Edge studs on. :shrug:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, ok. I'm ~99% sure I'm going with the OFR anyway. If there's a problem with the stud size I will handle it when it comes about.

Thank you all for your input. :yesway:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts