Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Floyd Rose Push-In Style Tremolo Arm | Floyd Rose Floyd Rose Push-In Style Tremolo Arm

Dave and I have been keeping an eye on this for a while, and over the weekend these came back in stock. I've got two on the way - belatedly, I realized I own three OFR-equipped guitars, so I'll probably be doing another order at some point. :lol:

I'm excited to try these - they appear to essentially be based on the same principal as the Gotoh arm holder, which is the best design I've used.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesus. :lol: I don't know if I'm jealous of, or terrified of, your collection, bro. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Hmm. If it works as well as the push-in arm on the Wilkinson VS-100, I might have to give this a try. I'm used to the collared Floyd arms, but they are maddeningly inconsistent.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Just ordered one to replace the collared arm on my LTD Elite. That gets rid of the last of the non-Gotoh-style trems in my collection :yesway:

Also, *** makes me feel a lot better about my own instrumental excesses :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hmm. If it works as well as the push-in arm on the Wilkinson VS-100, I might have to give this a try. I'm used to the collared Floyd arms, but they are maddeningly inconsistent.
We still have to get together so you can check out the FRX install on my LP Studio. It has the push-in arm, so you try it at the same time. It's very smooth, with none of the notchiness that the collared arms all seem to have these days. You also don't have to crank it down as far as it will go to keep the arm from staying put.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks more or less like the same design, and that's hands down my favorite trem arm.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
I want one of these for my OFR, if just to try out both arms to see which I prefer.

Then I could give the extra one to noodles, to correct an imbalance in the universe. :idea:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:ashur:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These arrived last night. I was, however, drunk, from meeting a friend for drinks after work, so I did not attempt to install them. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At work? :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually report to a Jim, who DOES have a corner office. :lol: He's never there, though, he's always on the trading desk, so he might catch on. :drew:

Real quick review - it's basically a Gotoh-style arm collar (rubber sleeve around the bar, allen key to increase pressure on the sleeve and in turn increase or decrease rotational resistance), except unlike the Gotoh, which also screws in, this is a true pop-in style arm, meaning you can quickly yank it out if you want to use the thing to play slide or something.

It's fucking awesome, and I can't recall the last time I spent $13 on something that made me this happy. It's the only thing I ever wanted from a Floyd, fixed. :wub:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm would these work on an orginal EDGE trem or just Floyds?
I'm actually not sure... The OFR arm can be retrofitted to an Edge, right? If so, I'd think they probably should be...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts