Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm finding that my trem arm on my OFR7 is too low and near the controls of my Jackson. I remember my old soloist had this trem arm that was almost 5-6 inches off the body of the guitar giving you some serious divebomb/pull up potential and made them a lot easier. My current trem arm is like 1-2" off the face of the body.

Any ideas as to where I can find one of these arms that is bent higher up?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
5-6"??!! Jesus, man.

1-2" sounds about normal - I just checked my UV. Is it possible the old soloist had a non-recessed Floyd?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5-6"??!! Jesus, man.

1-2" sounds about normal - I just checked my UV. Is it possible the old soloist had a non-recessed Floyd?
Yeah I'm positive as it was a 1998 Soloist. I'm just thinking maybe someone bent it but then there would have been signs of it.

I think I found a pic to show everyone. The only guitar I've seen so far (recently) is the Washburn Nunos.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
No, I believe you it was an old soloist. :lol: What I'm wondering is was the trem recessed, or was it top-mount? the later would certainly bring it way higher off the body.

Also, particularly looking at that second picture, I'm wondering if it's just a matter of perspective and if that trem isn't any higher from the top than on your guitar. It's a gorgeous guitar, but with that matte flame, it's really tough to gauge the distance.

EDIT - here's another picture:

And another:

Doesn't look unusual to me.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Get a blow torch, a bench vise, and a pair of nice pliers :yesway:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts