Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
For just being a black generic ibanez, that looks freaking awesome! Do Want! :lol:

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pics! Very nice guitar bro. Now, change those pickups at once! :dio:
I know, they're still in there... But I'm switching the bridge pup for a sd custom really soon. Any tips on what to match it with in neck?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Do you tend to like fluid leads? Or do you like a very defined, maybe thin tone?

·
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you tend to like fluid leads? Or do you like a very defined, maybe thin tone?
Oh, good but difficult question :). I'd say more option 1, I like a bit "creamier" sound for lead. I want it to match the bridge, but if it's too similar there's no need to switch pickups almost... In my taste the SD Custom is perfect for rhythm but maybe a little bit to defined for lead.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Yeah, a good paf will do you well. Duncan does the 59, which a perfectly fine pickup does nothing for me. I really love the Dimarzio Anniversary Pafs.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
'59 or Jazz would be my choice for neck pickups.

·
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 59 lying around which I was going to put in my Cort... Maybe that will get an OGD thread as well :)

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wherever there is a mahogany guitar, there will be Josh, recommending a 59. :lol:
Wait, what? I think this is like maybe the 2nd time I've recommended that one :lol:

Usually it's the Aldrich. :D

·
MG.org-er
2,137 Posts
Wait, what? I think this is like maybe the 2nd time I've recommended that one :lol:

Usually it's the Aldrich. :D
I was about to say. :lol: 'Wherever there is a guitar, Josh will be there, recommending the Aldrich...

... and commenting on his perfect pitch...

... and the fact that he's a law student.'

:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts