Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Nobody Has Seen Me Lately
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made 14 of them in total with two going to Nuno, and the run of 12 for select dealers.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Holy shit, that's a lot of neck bolts :lol:

·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love it! I've never seen that type of rear tuners on the 12-string neck before. What are they?
Those were banjo tuners that Wilkinson used to make. They have been discontinued for many years now. They were great tuning machines.

·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm quite certain they were Wilkinson's. I believe when Trevor got into tax problems and had to leave the country, Ned stepped in and had something to do with them from there on out.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
I am, in fact, absolutely unable to resist this guitar. I have been stalking N8's for the past year, trying to find that trophy specimen. (Yeah, I know that is haughty, but let's be real - what in THE FUCK am I going to use this thing for, practically?) I also already own 1 Sherman-built Washburn N4 Custom Shop.

I have run across 4 available, likely due to the economy, with one of them being from Nuno's personal stock. (Ridiculously priced, so scratch that. I could care less if his ballsack sweat is on that back of that guitar.)

I noticed, in the run, there are varying wood species used for the body. I have a feeling I will be pulling the trigger on the next Swamp Ash or Alder one at 6k that becomes available, and is in stellar condition with superb grain.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Those were banjo tuners that Wilkinson used to make. They have been discontinued for many years now. They were great tuning machines.
Be that as it may, they're also ugly as sin. :lol:

Cool though, to see that pop up. :yesway:

·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am, in fact, absolutely unable to resist this guitar. I have been stalking N8's for the past year, trying to find that trophy specimen. (Yeah, I know that is haughty, but let's be real - what in THE FUCK am I going to use this thing for, practically?) I also already own 1 Sherman-built Washburn N4 Custom Shop.

I have run across 4 available, likely due to the economy, with one of them being from Nuno's personal stock. (Ridiculously priced, so scratch that. I could care less if his ballsack sweat is on that back of that guitar.)

I noticed, in the run, there are varying wood species used for the body. I have a feeling I will be pulling the trigger on the next Swamp Ash or Alder one at 6k that becomes available, and is in stellar condition with superb grain.
The run was broken up between swamp ash and alder. A few of the SA guitars had subtle flame figure. I remember that one in the auction as it had the minor mineral streak in it, and I almost rejected the body. They were a pain in the ass to build so I said fuck it, I'm not building another one!

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Hey Mike!

Is this one yours too ? Just asking coz my friend want to pull the trigger on it :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts