Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It's a meh cover but Amy Lee is hot. So it all balances out.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you dont do a meh cover of 4th of fuckin july!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
you dont do a meh cover of 4th of fuckin july!
Hear, hear.

Thankfully I can't hear it from the office, but that song is this wonderfully dirgy, post-apocalyptic little nugget of pure noise goodness. I can't imagine how Evanescence could POSSIBLY do it justice.

What I want to know is, WHY? If Amy Lee wanted to sing Soundgarden, I could see something higher and more focused - say, "Outshined" - working better.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
agreed. but this song in particular is just fucking sacrilege :squint:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
agreed. but this song in particular is just fucking sacrilege :squint:
It's an awesome tune, yeah. The problem with it for me is that it follows immediately after "Fresh Tendrils," so by association it's merely pretty badass. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I like Evanescence (obviously) but I agree, this cover sucks. To be honest though, I can't stand Soundgarden anyway. I could just never get into them.

IMHO, Evanescence's cover of Korn's "Thoughtless" was really cool, as was their cover of Smashing Pumpkins' "Bullets and Butterflies" (at least I think that's the name of that tune).

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bullet with butterflywings?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I like Evanescence (obviously) but I agree, this cover sucks. To be honest though, I can't stand Soundgarden anyway. I could just never get into them.
You need to listen to Badmotorfinger and Superunknown on repeat until you come around, man. I project it'll take about two listens to each. :yesway:

Honestly, I was never a HUGE Soundgarden fan back in the day, but they're one of those bands that I've come to appreciate in a huge way since. Easily one of the better bands my musical generation put together. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Fixed

I hate everything about this band.
Barring the occasional white supremicist group, I don't think I've ever heard anything that made me want to murder the guys who wrote/performed it. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Amy Lee is hot. :agreed:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts