Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally I think this plugin sounds either dull and distant or shrill and nasty. I do like the chorus but that's it

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
Nah it's really damn good. I have it and love it.
+1. I feel like these sounds sit better in my mixes than what I've done with Positive Grid. Even found a clean sound I like with it. There's not much transition in the noise gate when trying to find the right balance between tone & noise, though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's not much transition in the noise gate when trying to find the right balance between tone & noise, though.
Bypass its noise gate, set the channel to four TrackChannels, Put ReaGate after it (pins 1 and 2) but send the clean guitar signal to the detector input (pins 3 and 4)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok i change my mind. Playing with the demo now, very smooth sounding. Too hard to drop into a mix though, the volume cuts out way too often to ever really test it unless you track through a different sim and match gain staging and then keep resetting the amps every few minutes- and that is not ideal i like to play into the setting. Delay, wah, noise gate and verb are all very nice. Bias Amp pro which I own is so buggy and this has been flawless. Maybe I will buy, I was really hoping I didn't have to learn a new thing, I guess I have to demo bias amp 2, but maybe that just won me over.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Ok i change my mind. Playing with the demo now, very smooth sounding. Too hard to drop into a mix though, the volume cuts out way too often to ever really test it unless you track through a different sim and match gain staging and then keep resetting the amps every few minutes- and that is not ideal i like to play into the setting. Delay, wah, noise gate and verb are all very nice. Bias Amp pro which I own is so buggy and this has been flawless. Maybe I will buy, I was really hoping I didn't have to learn a new thing, I guess I have to demo bias amp 2, but maybe that just won me over.
The volume drops you are hearing are probably CPU load. I have a fairly beefy PC and I can only run about 3-4 instances (at 8x quality) of Mercuriall VSTs at a time before I need to create stem tracks to lighten the load. Generally I focus on one set at a time, so for example I'll work hella hard on getting the lead guitar right, then once it's perfect, I'll stem it and mute the original. Generally, I focus a lot of my mixes on rhythm guitar sound and those are usually the only tracks I keep the VST active. But I'm very happy with mine in a mix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The volume drops you are hearing are probably CPU load. I have a fairly beefy PC and I can only run about 3-4 instances (at 8x quality) of Mercuriall VSTs at a time before I need to create stem tracks to lighten the load. Generally I focus on one set at a time, so for example I'll work hella hard on getting the lead guitar right, then once it's perfect, I'll stem it and mute the original. Generally, I focus a lot of my mixes on rhythm guitar sound and those are usually the only tracks I keep the VST active. But I'm very happy with mine in a mix.
No it's just the limitations of the demo, most plugin devs are probably hoping to sell to less obsessive guitarists who just wanna jam with it a little. But it is starting to look like I may buy it, i just updated Bias Amp and it changed every tone I had spent 20+ hours creating and every single shared preset (the tonecloud and the best thing about Bias Amp) is now useless because every tone doesn't work. They seriously changed how every parameter sounds so the presets are at the same parameters but now the presets are all 20 db too hot, have no bass and extreme 10k+ fizz.

Bias Amp have been very sloppy with their coding and decisions but losing all of my presets and destroying every single preset prior to this update feels premeditated. They want us to have to buy Bias Amp 2 so they have killed every preset to force you to need the new one. Robbers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts