Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew that his dog had to be put down....That freaking shit choked me up. Rip Bosse Fucking Ola is awesome!

Reactions: 296

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm such a big softie when it comes to pets. I'm always the one who has to take them into the vet to have them put down and it kills me everytime. A dad's gotta do what a dad's gotta do...

RIP Bossa.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Had to put down my Cat 4 months ago (fucking Intestines Cancer...) and it was hard as hell, even knowing he was alive because of us with constant caring and extra mouth feeding so he didn't simply vanish... its was not our old Big Boy anymore and we were being selfish, As soon as he stopped having the normal behaviors we knew it was time. Just hope he had a nice life with us and watching Ola video this afternoon and his eyes I understood the pain he was still feeling.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I was sad to see that too because his dog looked like my girl who passed away three years ago. I have had people pass on that hurt less. I had to make the decision too and it is one of the hardest things I ever did. RIP

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Back in 2008 my dog ended up with pug dog encephalitis and I had to make the same decision. I get anxious and stressed out just thinking about the day we took him to the vet and never brought him home.

I actually turned the video off about halfway through Ola talking about Bosse because I just know how that pain feels. It’s like no other, really.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I still have other two pets (Cats) and even also thinking I dont want anymore, but I will get more if I can. Yeah it hurts but since all my Cats are taken from the street (stray babies, abandon) I like to think im giving them a better life even knowing that it all can end soon. My cat died at half his supposed life, his sister is still there strong (and fat) so is the other one that we caught hiding as a starving scary baby on our Car engine 3 years ago :)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sorry about you loss :(

I had to put my dog down a year ago and it still hurts. She was only about 8 years old. She was healthy and happy until the last few months. Then it was a hard battle of ups and downs fighting her sudden medical issues until it got to the point where we had to make that decision. Our other dog is about 10 so we'll have to go through this again within the next few years.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I lost both of my Golden Retrievers when they were both 8 years old; one from cancer the other suddenly. My last dog Ben's death really fucked me up because I left the house for 15 minutes, patted him on the head and told him I'd be right back and I come home to him dead on the floor. Awful. We just got another Golden who is now 10 months and it's been the best thing we could've done. He reminds us of the other two which brings back good memories and helps block out the terrible shit we went through. Pets are a motherfucker but the pain of death is worth the reward of unconditional love that you get from them.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I lost both of my Golden Retrievers when they were both 8 years old; one from cancer the other suddenly. My last dog Ben's death really fucked me up because I left the house for 15 minutes, patted him on the head and told him I'd be right back and I come home to him dead on the floor. Awful. We just got another Golden who is now 10 months and it's been the best thing we could've done. He reminds us of the other two which brings back good memories and helps block out the terrible shit we went through. Pets are a motherfucker but the pain of death is worth the reward of unconditional love that you get from them.
I have a golden retriever myself. I can't see myself not having a golden retriever. So much love to give and so eager to please. I mean the hair is a pain in the ass knowing I can never wear black clothes again, but it's a fair trade off!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Even if it was almost 6 years ago, I thought I was able to speak about this without problem, but as soon as I started talking about everything came back. It was such a tough blow on me, I'm having second thoughts of even getting another dog, I cannot handle the loss basically.
I felt the same way for a few years too, she was so awesome, I didnt want to go through that ever again.
Here she is watching the kids Dog Hairstyle Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

Her passing was devastating.

Three years later my friend who runs a local shelter sent me a pic with a note that this lil girl has 2 days before she had to be killed to make room ...
Well that sucked ass so I did something I had avoided and this happened.
Dog Comfort Carnivore Grey Whiskers

Regrets.....0

Attachments

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Ola. I had to put Madeline, my rescued-from-the-pound-as-a-baby hunting dog, down earlier this year. I was bawling.

Keep doing these FAQ videos. Heartbreak notwithstanding, it was enjoyable.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I actually brought that bit of the clip up to my fiance because we're both still in the process of healing after losing our pug, Ozzy, last April. He was 6, no previous signs of anything wrong, started seizing in his sleep and didn't stop for over an hour. Even if they could get him to stop, the damage done to his nervous system was too much and he was pretty much a vegetable. We were separated at the time and I was 1400 miles away, I don't think I've cried that much since I was a child.

I remember the first week after it happened, I was scared to death to even see another dog. Thankfully, it ended quick as someone in my neighborhood was walking his dog and the first thing I wanted to do was run up and pet him and say hi. It felt like I had an outpouring of love to give and it was cut off when Ozzy passed. When my fiance and I got back together, we knew eventually we'd want to get another dog but it was going to be tough. We watch our friends pitbull whenever they leave town and she was Ozzy's girlfriend, one of the first times she slept over the house, she started dreaming and her legs twitching set my fiance off because she woke up to Ozzy shaking on the bed.

When we heard about our new buddy Griffin, he had been dropped off at a no-kill shelter, he's 11 and had been living in a car with his owner and 2 other dogs. The owner realized he wasn't giving them enough food and the dogs were suffering, so he brought them in. The two younger dogs were getting adopted and Griffin was going to be left alone because he was "too old". We literally left the house immediately, barely even thought about it and went and picked him up. This has been such a healing time for me. All that love I had to give to Ozzy that got cut off, while it's not the same dog, I can give to Griffin. He was 30lbs underweight, but we got him back to a normal eating schedule and he's just the sweetest dog ever.

(Can anyone see these pics? They aren't showing up for me)

We know he doesn't have many years left, but that's ok. We're fortunate that we can give him everything he needs for the remainder of his days and it's soothing. It took him a while to come around to us, but now he jumps into our bed to sleep at our feet and he's become protective of us.

I should also note, losing Ozzy earlier this year had a MASSIVE effect on me pushing towards being vegan and I'll explain why; he was normal and healthy and then he was suffering for an hour and a half. Being that close to an animal that deserved no suffering at all opened my eyes to something I see as a major unjust situation in the world. I promise not to preach to you guys on here, this isn't the place for that, but knowing I'm not contributing to another animals suffering has also been a major healing factor in my life. I guess my idea was, "Well, Ozzy didn't deserve to go out that way and he at least had a good 6 years of love and fun....there's millions of animals that are born into unfair conditions, spend a few years suffering then get a bolt in their head or their throats slit so we can eat meat, or are separated from their newborns so we can drink milk."....with that mindset, it wasn't long before I stopped eating red meat, then I was down to just dairy and poultry and now I've been vegan for a little bit. There are times I want nothing more than to eat something with an animal in it and I'll get annoyed for a second that I "can't" eat it, until I remind myself that the "suffer" I'll endure by NOT eating it is nothing compared to the actual suffering going on in factory farms. I don't *need* to eat meat or dairy, it's not a necessity to live.

But to those still hurting from losing a pet, I strongly recommend looking into a rescue situation. That feeling of helplessness you got when you lost your animal, this counteracts that feeling because now you're doing something to help an animal that could very well be put down at any time to make room for another animal that will face the same fate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.