Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Good Lord this thing sounds massive! Gah... I still want an OG but man this head just sounds stupid good.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Sounds great. Love the sound of the SLO100, but would never buy one because it's so insanely expensive. That new SLO30 isn't nearly as expensive, but it's still INSANELY expensive, so yeah, never buying it. But it does sound amazing.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
If I was previously aware of a SLO30, I had forgotten. Hrrrrm....

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Thing sounds fuckn' amazing. But yeah, $2700...

That "squishy" sound he mentions is one of the things I like best about these. It's just so fucking thick and glorious.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
If I was previously aware of a SLO30, I had forgotten. Hrrrrm....
A few years back they did the Hot Rod 25.... vert similar. The prices on the HR25 went fully insane, Ive seen them at 5k lol, when they stopped making them. Maybe the 2500 (not 2700) isnt so bad lol.

Or buy a AXE FX with FC and have change, a hundred amps and every effect known to man... hmmmm?:scratch:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds great. Love the sound of the SLO100, but would never buy one because it's so insanely expensive. That new SLO30 isn't nearly as expensive, but it's still INSANELY expensive, so yeah, never buying it. But it does sound amazing.
Man, I'd easily pay $4000 for SLO because they are that perfect. I understand the apprehensiveness. I feel like the 30 should be a little less but man, the real deal OG ones built by Mike are definitely worth it.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Best tone I ever got was a short scale hollow cobra-s (tele shape but hollow lp specs) by anderson into a cheetah print SLO100 212 combo. Nastiest thrash tone I've ever heard in my life.

SLOs are the shit.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
My friend had a SLO100 halfstack and sold it before I could make it over :rant:. Given his love of 80's tones, I was only sort of surprised to see it go.

I'm sure these will sell well.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
That's basically the same price as a JP-2C, right?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
A few years back they did the Hot Rod 25.... vert similar. The prices on the HR25 went fully insane, Ive seen them at 5k lol, when they stopped making them.
Hope that trend continues! Really love my HR25; would be great if the SLO30 is as good as they're seriously great amps and just sound glorious in so many different styles. While it'd be nice to have separate EQs for the channels, frankly the "same sound, but with more gain" setup they have is really simple and useful and it's hard to get bad sounds out of them (although you can definitely get hilarious levels of gain).

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Just curious, what's the clone?

This thing sounds beefy as hell, but $2,700? Ouch.
+1 I'd love to have one of these, but don't see myself ever parting with that kinda scratch for an amp... But, "Clone"? Tell me more!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Man, that sounds great. I'd have no problem dropping $2700 on an amp if it sounded fucking awesome, and listening to this I go for a very different tone than Ola but I could hear the beginnings of some tones I could absolutely get on with (I know it was a Bogner, but there's sort of a Alien Love Secrets vibe in a few places here), but I'd really need to spend some time with one before I could be sure. Awesome, awesome sounding amp though.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
I don't know the details of 7 dying trees clone, but it looks like you can build yourself a clone with the kits below.

C3 Amps - Soldano Kits, Transfomers, Chassis, Boards, Head Cabinets and Components

https://www.tedweber.com/heather-c-kt
pretty much it, but c3amps cost too much with import, so i ended up using inmadout (italy) for transformers, tony sold me a board, and then collected all the parts from mouser, farnell and tubetown, and chassis from brownsound

details here:
How to Make Friends and Electrocute People

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Man, that sounds great. I'd have no problem dropping $2700 on an amp if it sounded fucking awesome, and listening to this I go for a very different tone than Ola but I could hear the beginnings of some tones I could absolutely get on with (I know it was a Bogner, but there's sort of a Alien Love Secrets vibe in a few places here), but I'd really need to spend some time with one before I could be sure. Awesome, awesome sounding amp though.
You can totally get that sound with one. Just gotta tweak the knobs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts