Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After listening, but before he chose the one he liked best, I had the same thought, and kinda thought it funny it as the cheapest of the lot. Which do you like best?

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
That Behringer is a copy of a Tech 21 G2 pedal, so not surprised.
Those SansAmp G2s are awesome, still have both of my old ones. That and a EQ pedal was a great thing to take to any jam room with a decant amp with a clean channel to go into.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Ola is such a damn sweetheart, I could never be this nice in a video like this. I mean, Glenn Fricker is the opposite end of the spectrum and I'm not suggesting that kind of shtick, but I'd probably light that awful metal muff on fire, record the crackling of the fire, and run that recording through a dual rectifier just to get a good sound out of it. Hey Ola, there's an idea for a video :rofl:

I mean, the Engl pedal is terrible, Ola calls Engl and talks to an engineer there who discusses with him how to set it. That's going above and beyond to try to get something to work. It's a distortion pedal, you shouldn't have to call a company to understand it better. It either immediately sounds good, or it goes up on Reverb or in the trash. Distortion pedals are a dime a dozen, they need to sound amazing right out of the box.

But that's what makes Ola Ola, and he's awesome.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I mean, the Engl pedal is terrible, Ola calls Engl and talks to an engineer there who discusses with him how to set it. That's going above and beyond to try to get something to work. It's a distortion pedal, you shouldn't have to call a company to understand it better. It either immediately sounds good, or it goes up on Reverb or in the trash. Distortion pedals are a dime a dozen, they need to sound amazing right out of the box.
Have you heard the Powerball? It also sounds terrible.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Have you heard the Powerball? It also sounds terrible.
Yup, probably the worst sounding Engl in my experience. :lol: Richie Faulkner is the only dude I've heard made one sound decent and even he could do better.

Also not surprised the Behringer sounded the best. It's based on a pedal that's meant to either be a preamp or go direct. Plus those Sansamp pedals sound pretty legit. I thnk a couple of guys like the dudes from Clawfinger and Paul Landers of Rammstein still swear by the GT2.

Also please more of those H-S bolt on Solars thanks.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No noticed the new AWESOME Solar????
I kept expecting him to launch into a whole thing about the guitar, but he didn't... and I forgot all about it... yes I'm old... get off my lawn!

·
I Am The Tweaker
490 Posts
I also have a GT2 that I use every now & again and it sounds even better going through a Two Notes CAB M. The one thing that I'm not crazy about is that it can get a bit noisy when you get into high gain territory. It can be tamed with a noise gate but almost everything else I use already has a noise gate built in, so I'm glad that they've included a gate with the new firmware of the CAB M.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts