Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems Ola didnt knew what he was missing all these years but he totally made up for it, killer Play through!!!

His words on FB:

So I admit, Death has gone under my radar for a lot of years, it was not until recently that I've really listened a lot more and started to really appreciate the incredible riffs. In this video I'm using a BC Rich Chuck Tribute into a Marshall Valvestate.

Now we want more :metal::metal::metal:

·
I like money
29 Posts
Wow, that sounds great, but I have a few issues with it. The solo isn't that repetitive in the Death version of the song, and the chords in the "Is that how it's done..." part aren't what I see Chuck playing in videos and frankly, sounds off to my ears. But this is a complicated song, so getting 99% of it spot on is quite a feat.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Needs more Hoglan :flex: Great choice of cover though, used to jam Symbolic with my first band back in '95.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
thanks guys, this guitar was not an easy one to play. A total bitch to tune. Not sure why.
But yeah I've kind of forced myself to like Death, the production and singing always held me back but I'm getting it now, the riffs are just great.
Arnold Hablewitz had the same problem with his Stealth. He said he loves the sound, but it never wants to stay in tune. @7:15

I heard the Quad bridge can be a bit of a bitch. That or a bad nut.

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
fullsizeoutput_30e.jpg

Stealth with an awesome bridge & locking nut...all the wins. Plus a better headstock IMHO, and I like the natural oil instead of the gloss black. Not sure if this is a real custom shop or if its a backyard build from someone who maybe worked there at the time, but either way its a killer guitar. I've always kind of wanted to get the tribute model to match it, but haven't really cared enough...that or a 7 string stealth.

Great video though, love that tone. I've always loved Chuck's vocal style. Gonna have to watch the gear video soon.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Hey Ola, in the video you talked about there being a chorus effect on the guitars. A buddy of mine teched for Cynic and the tour manager was the guy who TM'd for Death back in the day. The chorus came from a small Gallien Krueger 1x10 bass combo that Chuck borrowed from him and ended up using for guitar on everything. Apparently it was the secret sauce in the Death sound.

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts
Hey Ola, in the video you talked about there being a chorus effect on the guitars. A buddy of mine teched for Cynic and the tour manager was the guy who TM'd for Death back in the day. The chorus came from a small Gallien Krueger 1x10 bass combo that Chuck borrowed from him and ended up using for guitar on everything. Apparently it was the secret sauce in the Death sound.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing the info!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts