Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is really vague, but I'm on a vintage PC game kick lately :lol: All I can remember of this game is that I believe it's D&D related, you built up a small village, you went out from your village and took out monster lairs, and there were other towns you could manage. Does this ring any bells with anyone? I had this game when I was in junior high, so it's around 15 years old or so. I vaguely recall the UI, so if I see screen shots, I know that I'll recognize it. I would attempt to describe it, but I'm fucking horrible at that and would fail miserably :lol: I remember I had the game, I lent it to someone, and I never got it back.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also don't actually expect that anyone will have any idea, I just figured I'd ask since there's a lot of video game nerds on here that might have come across it in their youth :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
First thing I thought of was Act Raiser, where you play God in a kind of Greek type world. It's divided into parts where you build an empire, defeating demons, and then go into monster lairs and defeat the monster in a platformer mode.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
If it's side scrolling, yeah, it's Act Raiser. If it's birds eye view, it's Soul Blazer. Both by Enix.
Actually Act Raiser is both side scrolling and bird's eye view:

ActRaiser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: But I'd like to note that every single game mentioned in this thread so far is for console and not computer. I think you might be confused, because I doubt the game you described was on PC (does not sound like a PC game at all).

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, was on PC. I've played the shit out of both Act Raiser and Soul Blazer (recently) :lol: I am absolutely certain that this was on PC.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should add that you can't walk around the village. When you enter the village, it's kind of a far back view, with a management console to the side so you can fuck with taxes and do some other shit.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At around 3:54 where he's checking out that city, it looks similar to that, though the combat is a lot different. I think the combat would be closer to something like a Heroes of Might and Magic game, but not quite.

I remember the picture of the village was at the top of the screen, and your management shit was at the bottom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.