Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus fucking christ this guy can drive :eek:

His segment on Top Gear is just as awesome.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
My girlfriend used to live literally next door to where Ford's rally cars are made, and I'm 99% positive this was made there too. IIRC, this thing has 680bhp under the hood. I work just down the road from there too. The place is fucking HUGE. We do alot of the cutting on their bonnets with our waterjet machines.

Here's the last one...

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My girlfriend used to live literally next door to where Ford's rally cars are made, and I'm 99% positive this was made there too. IIRC, this thing has 680bhp under the hood. I work just down the road from there too. The place is fucking HUGE. We do alot of the cutting on their bonnets with our waterjet machines.

Here's the last one...
YouTube - KEN BLOCK GYMKHANA TWO THE INFOMERCIAL
WTF! He misses hitting the barrier on the dock by inches! This guy is fucking nuts!

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
His video's are awesome and I wish I could drive like him but every time I watch one I can't help but think what he's doing isn't all that special; I mean the majority of professional rally drivers should be able to do this kind of shit right? Ken Block hasn't actually won anything as far as I know.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
His video's are awesome and I wish I could drive like him but every time I watch one I can't help but think what he's doing isn't all that special; I mean the majority of professional rally drivers should be able to do this kind of shit right? Ken Block hasn't actually won anything as far as I know.
I used to think that, but after watching his stuff a few more times I've decided that it's not what he does - it's the accuracy with which he does it. The majority of International Licence holders would clearly be capable of that, but I think Block's in-tune-ness with his vehicle is the clincher - he makes a point of missing things by inches, of hitting ballons with his rear bumper while drifting, of doing handbrake turns over 20 fluorescent lightbulbs.

It's not the driving style; it's the accuracy.

Doesn't matter who's won anything in rally, Colin McRae > Richard Burns> *

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
It's this kind of shit that makes me wonder why this country is so enamored with NASCAR, when that's just a bunch of hillbillies going in a circle.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I wonder what percentage of his tires have been redeposited in his lungs :lol:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's this kind of shit that makes me wonder why this country is so enamored with NASCAR, when that's just a bunch of hillbillies going in a circle.
Bingo! This is infinitely more entertaining than that shit.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Especially when you have circuits like Laguna Seca and racing series like ALMS and used to have the amazing ChampCar. :scratch:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts