Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last tour ruled. Great group of dudes all around and we had a blast, as usual. The band called Outlands is a group of our good friends from back home and it was really cool to be out with people we were already friends with. I also wrote a good bit of their music and it was weird to hear another band jam songs I wrote on a tour. :lol: The other band, called The Ongoing Concept, was an incredible live band and some of the weirdest, coolest dudes I've ever had the pleasure of touring with. They also fixed our van numerous times and really saved our asses. :bowdown:

That said, we're going out for another one in a few days. The only interesting thing with this next one is that we aren't going home before it starts, meaning we will have been out for exactly eleven weeks by the time we're all finished. My bed is going to feel fucking great. :lol:

I'll toss up the tour flyer in case any of you bros want to come drink a ton of whiskey and watch me suck at guitar in front of people. :yesway:

Attachments

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Jelly. Our big one fell through :( (but a guitar and cab later, can I really complain?).

Have fun! I cant yet imagine 11 weeks on the road (partially because I dont know how much $ to save for that lol).

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jelly. Our big one fell through :( (but a guitar and cab later, can I really complain?).

Have fun! I cant yet imagine 11 weeks on the road (partially because I dont know how much $ to save for that lol).
Luckily, I don't have to save much to go on tour. Dayseeker does pretty financially well for themselves, and they pay me to be out on the road since I'm not an actual member of the band. That, plus buyouts from venues and per diems from Dayseeker, means I have a good opportunity to go home with more money than I left with. :yesway:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Obviously you're not spending enough on the road in the form of recreational entertainment.
Actually, the other dudes are big party people like I am, so things like booze and weed are considered band expenses. We have a permanent handle of whiskey in our van that the band provides and replaces when necessary. :lol:

Don't worry, though. I've paid for all of my own lap dances at the strip clubs we've been hitting up. :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Luckily, I don't have to save much to go on tour. Dayseeker does pretty financially well for themselves, and they pay me to be out on the road since I'm not an actual member of the band. That, plus buyouts from venues and per diems from Dayseeker, means I have a good opportunity to go home with more money than I left with. :yesway:
yeah... not how the Sparrows gig works :lol:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Did you book a spare liver yet?

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So are you permanent, Shawnessy?
Not yet, but they really want me to be! There'd be some things to work out, like what to do with the guitarist I'm filling in for. :lol:

Get this: He stayed home from this 11 week run because it interfered with his birthday weekend that he wanted to spend with his girlfriend. :nuts:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Jesus fuck he really needs to rethink life lol.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Nothing is confirmed yet, but that might be happening much sooner than later. :D
seriously let me know if you are doing this, and I will be there.

:dillon:

Not yet, but they really want me to be! There'd be some things to work out, like what to do with the guitarist I'm filling in for. :lol:

Get this: He stayed home from this 11 week run because it interfered with his birthday weekend that he wanted to spend with his girlfriend. :nuts:
yeah, they really need to get rid of that non-committal dick, even if they don't take you on full time and get in someone else altogether.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts

If we got invited out on tour I'd miss the birthday of everyone I know. No fucks given. Career opportunities first. But I hope you make it man. You seem to be having a blast wth these guys.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
No Boston no care.

Come on, bro. It's not like you don't know I'm good for whiskey AND coffee. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts