Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guitar was featured in the book, Ibanez: The Untold Story. Built in 1979 for the NAMM show, and to prove a point: Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Even with the active EQ, the tone is harsh and metallic. (Duh!) But the sustain is incredible.

Oh, and it weighs 76 lbs.

It's also for sale, if you have $25k burning a hole in your pocket. :drew:

Vintage 1979 Solid Brass Ibanez Artist 2622 Guitar ONE OF A Kind AND Functional | eBay

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Yeah, I'll just drop 25 large on a guitar that weighs almost as much as a 4x12 and sounds like shit...

·
Registered
702 Posts
If you could get some really warm and soft sounding pickups in that, with some really low rated alnico magnets, I bet it would slay for bright metal tones :lol:

Seriously though, the idea of at least a metal body hah intrigued me for a long time. I would love to try an aluminum body guitar that isn't hollow or chambered. Dunno about the neck though, I would probably want a shorter scale length and a mahogany neck for it just soften it up :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
My first thought, after reading the weight is "doesn't that just kill circulation to your leg within minutes?!" forget how it sounds, do you need amputation :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts