Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so sick. One of the best things about this show is (was...) that all three of these guys can absolutely drive their asses off. Clarkson screaming at the Lambo and himself at the 5:30 mark or so totally rules - no jokes, no gags, just a guy and a car hammering it at the top of their ability. (He actually boiled the carbon fiber brakes on the Lambo earlier in the day.. (4:39)) Watching all three of them talk themselves through the lap with the cars wide open is all sorts of badass.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Prima Donnas or not I want these Knuckleheads back on air. :agreed:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

He's an arrogant prick, but he can drive his ever lovin' ass off, give a stellar review of the car while doing it, and was willing to let you see him lost in the moment. Him getting choked up after getting to do laps at Monaco was the show's finest moment.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Plus, Captain Slow drives circles around all of us.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The segment that first turned me on to TG was Clarkson taking the Ariel Atom around the track.

"MY EPIGLOTTIS IS FULL OF BEES!"

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remember seeing him take a Veyron up to its top speed. Terrifying.
It's worth noting that all 3 of them hit 200+ in the video I posted in the OP. On an F1 circuit. While still managing to somewhat talk to the camera. Even moreso, Hammond did it in a car with absolutely no driving aids - no AWD, no traction control, no intelligent suspension, nothing.

Incredible demonstrations of skill. :bowdown:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Slight :bump:

Because I'm an absolute knob and never watched Top Gear while all you folks have been talking up since I've been around (and presumably before), I finally started watching it on Netflix and it really is quite fantastic. I remembered seeing this segment not too long ago (I think it's the Season 18 opener?) and man, it really is crazy to see all the shit they've driven. I think the Monaco segment has been the best so far.

It's a shame that not all of it's available to watch :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts