Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:( My poor Queensryche tattoo.

Good point here though:

"These days, in comparison to the old days, people used to sit in their houses and listen to music right in the front room on their stereo system. People don't do that anymore. They plug in and they're mobile and they're moving and they're doing stuff and the music, they're listening to it as they're doing stuff. This music has that feel. It's very contemporary in the sense that it's very rhythmatic. The rhythm structure kind of reflects the way modern life is - we're all busy, we're all doing stuff. And Scott being the incredible drummer that he is, the various time signatures, the feel of the record, it's now - it's very, very now."

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
While that's a good point - and a good argument against "epic" pieces if you're trying to sell to that environment - I can't help reading this like every other QR statement since 1990 - "our next album is going to suck even more than the last one did".

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
t's huge rock but with a great dance vibe to it, real modern dance. It's kind of like 'Rage' ['For Order'] through a time tunnel, bringing it into the now. There are a lot of electronic elements to it. It's a big rock thing that is going to have a lot of color to it - it's good and really intense."
Here's my thoughts.

Chance that this is actually going to be a very interesting, cool album: 0.8%
Chance that this is going to REALLY suck: 99.2%

:/

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
QR should have hung it up after Promised Land. Since then, it seems like they've gone further and further afield with "big ideas" to try and make up for a lack of good songs. I'm sure they're not trying to write crappy music, but their music has been very uninspired for a long time.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Hey, at least it's not "Operation Mindcrime Pt III" this time. :yesway:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
"I add a lot of film score elements or sound effects [into my drum work], especially on the new thing we're working on right now," Rockenfield said. "Geoff [Tate, vocals] and I have really spent a lot of time together redesigning the QUEENSRŸCHE thing, which you're going to love. It's huge rock but with a great dance vibe to it, real modern dance. It's kind of like 'Rage' ['For Order'] through a time tunnel, bringing it into the now. There are a lot of electronic elements to it. It's a big rock thing that is going to have a lot of color to it - it's good and really intense."
:facepalm: dance really? so is this going to be an emo/trance album then :noplease:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Techno-trance would probably be a welcome departure from what this album will be. Considering how queer most of what Tate's produced in the last few years have been, I'm seeing "modern" salsa, like, some serious Dancing with the Stars shit.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
At least I won't have to waste my time listening to it to decide if it sucks or not.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
This band just makes me sad nowadays. I can throw on Rage for Order or Operation Mindcrime and listen to it all day and not get bored. This band was so inventive and creative during the 80's and it's a shame to see what they've turned into over the years. Promised Land should have been the last album they put out. Since then Tate forgot that he used to sing for a great progressive metal band. :(

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Hear in the Now Frontier was an album I was looking forward to for about 2 years. After hearing it, Queensryche was dead to me. The current band is a zombie form of Queensryche. They're a disfigured and horrifying shadow of their former selves.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Hear in the Now Frontier was an album I was looking forward to for about 2 years. After hearing it, Queensryche was dead to me. The current band is a zombie form of Queensryche. They're a disfigured and horrifying shadow of their former selves.
+1. The only album I remember buying that was more disappointing was Crimson Glory's "Strange and Beautiful". I remember back in the days of the Ytsejam mailing list getting in arguments with people that LIKED HitNF, and proclaiming them deaf, stupid, or lacking metalness. :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
He started fucking Rob Halford.
If that were the case, he'd sound fucking awesome and the QR record would've sounded like Crucible.

QR is a band i just simply never got why so many people dug. Im gonna have to pull a Matt/Megadeth and say that I never got what was so great about O:MC and only really liked Rage for Order.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts