Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
what are you gonna go with once you get your choice?
In my mind, I wanna go for a Rhoads, I'm thinking Kahler, Humbucker & stacked Humbucker in the neck, 24 fret, binding & Sharkfin, black probably.

However, I have kind fallen in love with the COW 6 that i borrowed to play the show, if it wasn't for the lack of a front pick-up I'd be pretty sold. Me & my other guitarist are gonna get together and play a whole bunch to figure out where we're going with it all. He was looking at Kelly's, but we borrowed two for the show and he really didn't get on with them so we'll see.

Congrats man, that's great news! Be sure to post pics from the show :yesway:
Yep, I'll bang a load up when I get 'em. We took our own photographer & videographer, so I should have quite a bit to share.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Rather small world, round at a mates last night and it turns out he knows your other guitarist :lol: I heard he hated the Kelly's so much he played his BC Rich?

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Rather small world, round at a mates last night and it turns out he knows your other guitarist :lol: I heard he hated the Kelly's so much he played his BC Rich?
Not really hated, it's just that we literally got them the night before the show and he wasn't comfortable making the transition so quickly, when it was also his first gig with the band. I think he just found it a bit too much to take in and didn't want to make it harder for himself at that point. He is taking the Jackson deal though.

In a bit more news, they've managed to track me down a Cow-6 in their warehouse, so I'm going to run with that for now while I figure out the details of a Rhoads.

Pics as promised

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Just out of interest, how did your baritone experiments go? Reckon you could snag a new one off 'em?

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just out of interest, how did your baritone experiments go? Reckon you could snag a new one off 'em?
The baritone made it onto the record, although it didn't quite have the pronounced effect that I was hoping for. It did help to clear & sharpen the guitars up (I also put a C-Pig in it & a KGC brass trem block), but there was something about it that still didn't quite have the dry 'cut' that I wanted. I'm aiming to have another record finished by around March next year, so I'll see if I can snag something new to try. It'll only ever be in the studio though, I like to move a lot live and it feels like the extra mass of a baritone would slow me down a bit.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.