Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a nice RG560 with stock pickups in it and I want to set this thing up as a pure shred machine, not a metal machine per se but a shred ala Yngwie, Paul Gilbert Satch, Vinnie Moore etc. (you know the usual stuff I regularly butcher)
it's H/S/S
I really liked the Gravity storm I had in my blue 550 in the bridge but I wonder if that may be a bit dark for rosewood? oh and no Ceramic pickups for the bridge (too harsh for my tastes)
I'm thinking maybe the area 51 in the middle and Virtual blues in the neck
(I'm putting those in my black charvel though so I'd like something different)
or a Jb jr and a lil 59'er.
what is the hottest hum canceling single out there that still sounds like a real single and not a mini humbucker that I can throw in the neck?

What say you?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
If you can find them I really recommend these for the singles:
Amazon.com: Fender Accesories 099-2211-001 Super 55 Split Coil Stratocaster Guitar Pickup Set: Musical Instruments

They are a split coil design so the sound like and feel like a single coil. If thats not your bag then I preffer the cool rails from duncan over what I have tried from Dimarzio.

For the bridge, I would recommend trying the Gravity Storm and take advantage of dimarzios return policy if it doesnt work then try something like the Breed in the bridge or even the PAF Pro.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
What ever you get need to be bright neon.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's a grape ice 560. Bright Neon? yikes

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I completely forgot...what about the Becker perpetual burn.
Anyone actually try this one yet?
I think I'm all set on the Singles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts