Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I've been lurking here for a while, and have finally gotten around to making my first post.

I'm just looking for opinions on a track that I've finished. The drums and bass are all done in Logic, so they sound a bit weird. I don't have a good set of flat speakers to mix on so if anyone has any thoughts, throw them out here. Any thoughts on the song itself are welcome, as well.

Link

Thanks,

Adith

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Sounds pretty good :yesway:. Playing is great man, really enjoyed the song. As far as the mix goes, the bass kind of sticks out to me as being a bit too loud. Not sure what you're using for the drums (I'm not familiar with Logic), but the snare is only barely audible so I'd bring that up, probably bring the cymbals down a bit too and maybe raise the volume of the kit overall. They sound pretty dry as well so maybe a touch of reverb would help there.

The rhythm guitars seem to be getting drowned out a little bit, either from the lead tone or the bass but I'm not sure there. Also, welcome to the forum (well, in a posting sense)! :wavey:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I posted the new mix up (link in the original post). I've never been too good at mixing/mastering, mostly because I don't know all the little tweaks and tricks to make something sound good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts