Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my graphics card died a few months ago (I have a back up one, but it's way shitty). Here's is what I had.

..and so I'm in the market for a new one. Problem is, my computer is like 5 years old, and I can't afford to put a new one together now. So....I was thinking about getting this card.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
If you go with the 6950, make sure it's a Rev1 card. You can't flash the new ones. They're flashable to 6970, and clockable to 6990.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I'm running a GTX 260 and I love it to death, however I'd snag the deal above since it's a higher end card for a cheap price.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
if you want to see it, ill post up a picture of how much room i have left after it is installed.

if you can fit it, grab it, its a great card.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the specs for it, including the dimensions. I'll just measure it up and see what I got. The only thing is, I think my power supply is only 375 watt....but it was running the other card just fine before (which was also min 400 watt). Think that'll be an issue, or should I grab a new power supply as well?

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
personally, i would get the PSU if you have the money. but if your last one ran fine with a 375, you might be ok. if you don't have the cash, you can always throw it in and see what happens. just don't be surprised if you can't boot because of it :metal:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Yeah, was gonna mention you on checking your power supply's rating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts