Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a quick save as JPEG to have as an idea, not the final version. I like it so far, but its not quite as polished as I want. What else does it need? I have a darker, burned color in the middle of the logo, with the edges slightly ligher, which is cool and I like that, but its not smooth enough of a transition yet. I have Photoshop and Illustrator, but I completely SUCK at using Illustrator because i've used PSD so long. haha.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The text looks awesome, but I'm not too keen on the oval thing in the back. It looks like a burning, eclipsed egg. :scratch:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Aah. Well the eclipse is uh, egg shaped. :lol:

I like where you're going with it though. :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Move the writing down and the circle higher up so its barely touching the font. I think it'll look less cluttered that way. Other than that it looks fantastic, nice work! :metal:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
How does your band name read? This logo could make it go two different ways. It would be cool if you could get the letters to look closer to the corona color. Other than that, pretty cool.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ah yeah, very good point, is it "The Steel South" or "Steel The South"?
It is actually Steel the South :yesway: As in turning the south Metal. :dio: :lol:

angelvivaldi said:
What type of music is this logo reflecting? That's pretty important IMO
Um...well, its doomy heavy/modern rock (see Grand Magus, and Down [II preferably]), with elements of technical country, southern rock (think Boston and Kansas) and fusion with a bit of odd time, and chicken pickin' licks.

I do think the logo needs to be a bit brighter, and I will try moving the logo down, I can kinda see it looking too cluttered.

*edit*
Logo is brighter, tried moving it but I didn't like it moved at all, so I moved it back. :lol: I tried darkening the background, but it gets rid of my awesome textures. :lol: I'll post some more pics later today.

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Um...well, its doomy heavy/modern rock (see Grand Magus, and Down [II preferably]), with elements of technical country, southern rock (think Boston and Kansas) and fusion with a bit of odd time, and chicken pickin' licks.

You really hit the nail on the head with the logo in accordance to your genre. My first impression was some type of southern rock judging by the name and logo. Great job mate!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts