Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a forum search but did not find anything on this, anyone tried one of these yet? Seems like a great idea, it automatically bias's your amp and you can set custom bias to run two 6l6 and two El34 if you want.

Also great for Mesa Products that run low bias or if you have miss matched tubes it will bias them all the same. Also tells you if a tube goes bad and cuts the amp down to 50 watts so you do not blow anything. Also gives you the option to run the amp at 50 watts, so many options and not bad for $449 and I can bet you can get it cheaper if you use a coupon. I think I will be picking one of these up soon.

https://www.orangeamps.com/products/accessories/amplifier-management/divo-ov4/#tab-id-1

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Nifty concept, but I still prefer good old bias points and a pot. But it would be good for people who aren't overly familiar with proper bossing procedure or who want to experiment with different tube sets.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

My bandmate has one, he's considering selling it. Might be the only one in Canada haha. A cool product imo.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted

My bandmate has one, he's considering selling it. Might be the only one in Canada haha. A cool product imo.
What is the reason he is selling? Is it performance or just not need for it? I guess I will have to search and review it some more.

Nifty concept, but I still prefer good old bias points and a pot. But it would be good for people who aren't overly familiar with proper bossing procedure or who want to experiment with different tube sets.
I can bias my own amps as well, but some do now allow you to unless you install a bias kit and this just has some really good features. If you read the manual and install guide you will also see that you can custom set the bias if you want it higher/Lower. It is also nice that it will keep the bias you want even if your tubes start to drift, basically this takes a fixed bias or self adjust bias and makes it a auto cathode bias it looks like.

Features it has that you just cant have by biasing yourself.
  1. Keeps Bias at assigned/correct level
  2. Lets you use unmatched tubes
  3. If a tube fails it puts the amp in 50 watt mode
  4. Lets you run the amp in 50 watt mode if you choose
  5. Lets you mix tubes that you can footswitch between. Ex two center EL34 and two outer 6L6. Run amp at 50 watts using either pair or run all four for a nice mix.
  6. When it senses no signal from Guitar coming through it drops the bias down to 20 Ma to save tube life.
  7. When tubes drift it makes adjustments to keep bias leve at correct level

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I think he's just not using it. I'd grab it to run in my Peters but no extra funds haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts