Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from seeing them live at Jaxx on the last date of their US tour. I thought there was no way they could bring such a tight, diverse sound to a stage, and boy was I ever wrong. They were one of the best live bands I have ever seen, and the singer completely held the crowd in his thrall, bringing us along for the ride. Plus, they turned out to be some the nicest, coolest dudes you ever wanted to meet. :metal:

They played PRS guitars and Warwick basses through Katatonia's gear. Those Blackstar amps sounded absolutely amazing, and now I really, really want to check one out. Just huge and thick sounding, with an awesome lower mid crunch that was totally distinctive from the Recto lower mid sound. The drummer played half the set standing up, and the other half flipping sticks around and doing his best to kick holes through the bass drum heads.

Anyone who didn't catch them when they rolled through your town completely missed out. Plus, in true end of tour fashion, the guys in Swallow the Sun dressed up as snake charmers and danced around the stage like idiots. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Jesus

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
They put on pretty awesome shows and are monsters on their instruments. :lol: Granted, I'm judging from live clips I've seen on YouTube since I'm 99% sure they've never been to Japan.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
or maybe, we've had Europe, Nazareth, White Lion, TNT and Return...
might be hope yet.
They just got confirmed for Hellfest France 2011, and this was there first US tour, so you never know. Things seem to be coming together for them professionally.

They're playing the Netherlands and Denmark next month. :shrug:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kick ass Dave. Recommended cds or songs?
Mabool and The Never Ending Way of ORWarriOR are the two to start with. Their set was almost entirely songs from those two albums.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so... any more news on their theiving tour manager (made off like a bandit, with the band's earnings from this tour)?
Turns out that it was actually the bus driver, who has pulled this shit on out of town bands before. They were told to file a police report, but that is pretty hard to do when you fly out of the country the next day. :noway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
They played Worcester? Man, I'd totally have driven out to see them. :(

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
They played Worcester? Man, I'd totally have driven out to see them. :(
Yeah...upstairs at the Palladium, the same night that Hank Williams III & Assjack played downstairs...so it sold out and 450ish people were turned away at the door and there was no way to move the show downstairs :pissed::pissed:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, no one should ever watch Hank Williams III. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts