Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Orphaned Land = Crushing

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  noodles 
#1 ·
Just got back from seeing them live at Jaxx on the last date of their US tour. I thought there was no way they could bring such a tight, diverse sound to a stage, and boy was I ever wrong. They were one of the best live bands I have ever seen, and the singer completely held the crowd in his thrall, bringing us along for the ride. Plus, they turned out to be some the nicest, coolest dudes you ever wanted to meet. :metal:

They played PRS guitars and Warwick basses through Katatonia's gear. Those Blackstar amps sounded absolutely amazing, and now I really, really want to check one out. Just huge and thick sounding, with an awesome lower mid crunch that was totally distinctive from the Recto lower mid sound. The drummer played half the set standing up, and the other half flipping sticks around and doing his best to kick holes through the bass drum heads.

Anyone who didn't catch them when they rolled through your town completely missed out. Plus, in true end of tour fashion, the guys in Swallow the Sun dressed up as snake charmers and danced around the stage like idiots. :lol:

#8 ·
They just got confirmed for Hellfest France 2011, and this was there first US tour, so you never know. Things seem to be coming together for them professionally.

They're playing the Netherlands and Denmark next month. :shrug:

#16 ·
Turns out that it was actually the bus driver, who has pulled this shit on out of town bands before. They were told to file a police report, but that is pretty hard to do when you fly out of the country the next day. :noway:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.