Metal Guitarist Forums banner

OS X users using Reaper: What's the poop? Is it stable?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  79 
#1 ·
I have had it with GarageBand. It's simple, works well enough for the caveman simplistic shit I do, but the newest version doesn't see any of my 3rd party plugins, and that really sucks, because, well I need them.

Is Reaper finally stable on OS X? I could go back to Logic Express, but I'd rather use Reaper, since I did quite dig it on Windoze.

#2 ·
Was helping out a buddy with it about 2 weeks ago. So I'm not exactly sure what build version he was on. But it seemed to be stable enough. Only thing though, was that he wasn't using anything resource-hungry or overly complicated with his plugins. So YMMV

Personally I haven't spent enough time with it. As work requirements dictate that my main axe is either Logic Pro or PT.

#4 ·
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's great. 64 had issues, but the 32 runs amazingly on both of mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.