Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Running it now on my iMac. Bit of a butt-clincher install, it appeared to have hung/kernel panic-ed about a dozen times (beach ball of doom for quite a while) but after some patience and pacing it installed correctly.

So far so good.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
What's funny is that Apple has started recycling hardware code names from the 1990s for their new OS X releases.

The blue & white PowerMac case design was known as El Capitan, and the second revision of its motherboard was called Yosemite.

</mac nerd>

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best feature ever. :lol:

Find your cursor
Rapidly shake your finger on the surface of your trackpad to increase the size of the pointer so it's easy to spot. You can also shake your mouse to enlarge the pointer.

·
18,790 Posts
I'm still on Lion :lol: Mainly because I was waiting for support for Pro Tools and my MBox 2 in Mavericks, and it never came :lol: I can't tell if most of my issues with my iMac lately are due to:

A) bad RAM or my own fuck up (issues seemed to start after I replaced my ram and cleaned some dust)

B) some sort of virus, malware, or just general clutter (haven't reformatted since I bought it new in 2010)

C) my old ass OS not being able to handle new fangled websites and software

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I upgraded my MacBook last night. I still don't use it, but it's up to date :)

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'm *probably* going to have to sit this one out for now - my M-Audio won't be receiving driver updates for future OS updates, so until I upgrade it's not worth chancing.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I got one from my boss in late May, as I had asked for one to support all the upper management that dials in from home from Macs. Then they let me go without warning in June (replaced by a team in Wroclaw, Poland) and the laptop just happened to be on my desk at home. It still is, when it isn't under it :)

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Best feature ever. :lol:
what you were not a fan of the thousand pointer long trail in windows 95-98 ? :lol: (FYI this was for old LCDs on laptops as if you moved the cursor to fast it would jump across the screen)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts